Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Decicrates VS L67 T56 'S' Pack

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Would love to see this "skin" that you're getting done! As I know my sc gets that hot that you can hardly touch it!

I should have an answer next week from the welder if it is possible or not, if so I will start to make the "skin" straight away.
Basically it will be a box that goes from the bottom of the blower near where the mounting bolts are, and up and over the top where the ribbed section is and down the other side to the mounting bolts. It will sit about 3MM off the existing case with a twin entry on one side and a duel exit on the other.
It will be feed by a davis craig 19ltr per minute water pump.
If the welder says yes I should have it done within a couple of weeks and I will post some pictures of the finished product.
Really hoping that they can do it, be very disappointed if they can not.

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Skinning

I should have an answer next week from the welder if it is possible or not, if so I will start to make the "skin" straight away.
Basically it will be a box that goes from the bottom of the blower near where the mounting bolts are, and up and over the top where the ribbed section is and down the other side to the mounting bolts. It will sit about 3MM off the existing case with a twin entry on one side and a duel exit on the other.
It will be feed by a davis craig 19ltr per minute water pump.
If the welder says yes I should have it done within a couple of weeks and I will post some pictures of the finished product.
Really hoping that they can do it, be very disappointed if they can not.

Your only worry will be distorting the blower case - I will be super surprised if the welding (a lot is needed) doesn't warp it crazy

How you prevent that - no idea.

I weld the skins on our stuff before machining takes place - only way

Same issue with reversed plenums

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I have a 3.5mm steel plate with folded sides that the blower case will be bolted to and I have a spare gear case less rotors and a spare snout that I will be bolting to the case. I am hoping that this will help to stop it from warping.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Oh what a lovely tea party
photo 5.jpg
attachment.php

photo 1.jpg
attachment.php

photo 2.jpg
attachment.php

photo 3.jpg
attachment.php

photo 4.jpg
attachment.php

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67

HoldenManDan

Built, not bought...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 4.2L L67 T56 :D
Top work Barry! Love everything you've done with blackie and the new clutch looks tough!

How did you go with installing that walbro? I've got one sitting in the box, unsure if the pump itself will fit the sender without modifying it, or even if the filter I was supplied will sit in the swirl pot as it should!

Cant wait to see more updates mate, keep it up!

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Hey Dan, the Walbro fitted in with no issues at all. I did have to tweak the bottom plate a couple of MM just to get a snug fit. I do recommend that you run an extra feed and a extra ground wire for the pump as it draws about 18A.
I just ran a extra from the relay to the pump and a ran a new ground point at the back of the car. I also put a heavier amp relay in as well.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Well got all the bits back from the machine shop today. Now all I need is some custom push rods, rocker spacers, new Adz elbow and a few gaskets.
List of what has been done for this build.

For those that maybe wondering about the size of the valve springs. Yes theses are bigger than the conventional spring for the L67. I have done this as the valves I used are longer than standard as well. These springs are from PAC and run a spring seat as well. They are set at 150Lb seat pressure.

Crank reground and crack tested.
Block zero deck height and machined to suit Cometic gaskets.
Block cam journals bored for alignment.
Block Mains bored for alignment.
Block bored 20thou
Block chemically cleaned

Heads 3 angle valve job
Heads oversize stainless valves fitted.
Heads machined for Cometic gaskets
Heads valve spring seats machined for larger diameter spring.
Heads chemically cleaned.

The complete rotating mass has been balanced.

Now all I have to do is start to put it all back together.

A few pics of the heads and valve springs, will post some more as I start to assemble.
photo 5.jpg
attachment.php

photo 4.jpg
attachment.php

photo 2.jpg
attachment.php

photo 3.jpg
attachment.php

photo 1.jpg
attachment.php

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Got to have a drive of my mates EVO 6 at the dirt sprints on the weekend. I manged to come second outright in a field of 40 cars. This was one spot higher than the owner of the EVO!!!

My fastest run of the day

What should of been my fastest until I had a spin after trying to change my line to avoid a cone(5 second penalty if you hit it)

Last edited by a moderator: