Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deciding what to get VF or VF series 2.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
i would choose a vf2 my17 ssv redline over a vf1, the my17ssv redlines are already holding higher resale values and insurance values are slowley rising every year
my local holden dealer is even sourcing used my17 ss and ssv redlines from interstate when available due to strong demand and higher resale value
if you are also buying the car as a long term keeper the my17 ss and ssv used price will only rise for cars kept in good condition in the coming years , this is something else worth considering when looking to buy the last aussie made cars

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Hmmm … I, personally, think that once the wave of people who couldn't justify buying one new have scratched that itch with the 2yo-3yo used ones, they'll drop back down to usual Commodore resale levels. Maybe a bit more than the usual "terrible", being the last of them, but if there's an increase in value at this point there'll be a value-cliff they fall off before too long. There were just too many cars made, and next year is when all the 3yr leases end on that final burst of activity for MY2017.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Resale always looks good until

Ps: In essence I’ve already written off the purchase price as I will keep my car. As such, resale isn’t relevant to me ;)

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
production numbers for my17 ssv redline sedans built is under 4000 which is not many cars at all, hero colours were built or customer ordered in least numbers ,
ssv redline sedan lightmyfire auto only 192 built
ssv redline sedan nitrate man 93 built
ssv redline sedan spitfire green man 162 built
the my17 ssv redline were not built with high production numbers, less than 4000 cars for there last year of manufacture
the rarest models are the hero colours added by holden for the last year of manufacture which have very low build numbers
it's no ifs or buts , as history shows these cars will only increase in value if looked after and kept in good condition
in 10-15 years time who knows what these cars will be worth , but i bet they will be worth more than there new sale price
if i was to be after a vf ssv redline
its a no brainer my17 ssv redline in a here colour with very low build numbers , it will only increase i value if taken care of

KLoNe

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.2L V8 Phantom VF2 Calais-V
production numbers for my17 ssv redline sedans built is under 4000 which is not many cars at all, hero colours were built or customer ordered in least numbers ,
ssv redline sedan lightmyfire auto only 192 built
ssv redline sedan nitrate man 93 built
ssv redline sedan spitfire green man 162 built
the my17 ssv redline were not built with high production numbers, less than 4000 cars for there last year of manufacture
the rarest models are the hero colours added by holden for the last year of manufacture which have very low build numbers
it's no ifs or buts , as history shows these cars will only increase in value if looked after and kept in good condition
in 10-15 years time who knows what these cars will be worth , but i bet they will be worth more than there new sale price
if i was to be after a vf ssv redline
its a no brainer my17 ssv redline in a here colour with very low build numbers , it will only increase i value if taken care of
Where'd you get your numbers from man?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Where'd you get your numbers from man?
Watch the video I posted. You can see the ‘numbers’ going over the edge :p

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
the limited editions will be worth BIG bucks in years to come, it's a guarantee.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
the limited editions will be worth BIG bucks in years to come, it's a guarantee.
I think petrol will be a problem before the 25+ year timeframe it usually takes a car to become collectable (collectible?).

Part of the attraction of collectable cars is the fact it doesn't cost a billionty dollars to use them, even if that's a notional usage because it spends most of it's time locked in a hermetically-sealed humidity-controlled garage; but when everything is electric, demand for petrol will reduce & it'll become a lot harder to find. They'll no longer be something you can "just hop in for a Sunday drive whenever I want", and when that accessibility wanes the demand will wane and you need a lot of people to want something for it's value to increase to multiples of the average income.

Buy it now, use it now, enjoy it now! Because not enjoying it now will be a waste of the money spent on it, IMHO.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I think petrol will be a problem before the 25+ year timeframe it usually takes a car to become collectable (collectible?).

Part of the attraction of collectable cars is the fact it doesn't cost a billionty dollars to use them, even if that's a notional usage because it spends most of it's time locked in a hermetically-sealed humidity-controlled garage; but when everything is electric, demand for petrol will reduce & it'll become a lot harder to find. They'll no longer be something you can "just hop in for a Sunday drive whenever I want", and when that accessibility wanes the demand will wane and you need a lot of people to want something for it's value to increase to multiples of the average income.

Buy it now, use it now, enjoy it now! Because not enjoying it now will be a waste of the money spent on it, IMHO.

i'm not sure you understand collectable cars and rarity that well, as the price of things goes up - the collectors are a more exclusive club.

i do agree on buying something to enjoy though - 100%.