Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

decisions decisions, what would you do ?

what idea do you think is best both cars are 5 litres

• convert stato to manual

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • build full stato wagon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
thread deleted.... already decided..

Last edited:

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
personally i wouldn't mess around with the stato in the way of fitting a manual as i can't see the point. the stato is the sort of car to relax in and enjoy its smooth comfy ride, not have the hassle of having to change gears. To me it is a smooth cruiser style vehicle so i wouldn't bother trying to make it perform, I would just enjoy it for the hippo it is.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
personally i wouldn't mess around with the stato in the way of fitting a manual as i can't see the point. the stato is the sort of car to relax in and enjoy its smooth comfy ride, not have the hassle of having to change gears. To me it is a smooth cruiser style vehicle so i wouldn't bother trying to make it perform, I would just enjoy it for the hippo it is.

true.. but i dont trust autos much and a manual is much more fun. i suppose another option is to keep the auto and sell the wagz either whole or in pieces then spend some of the money strengthining the auto.

smidey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS WM 6L
if i was in your position i'd just lower it and do the exhaust to make the stato sound good, a mate had one and it was such a great cruiser. i don't see the point in strengthening the auto if it doesn't need it, get it serviced and as long as there aren't any current issues it should be sweet for ages.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
its already got a 2.5 inch exhaust with twin 3'' dumpys but its like a 4wd atm definatley needs to be dumped and to loose those horrible rims.