Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Decoding Ex-GMH Evaluation Vehicle

How many km's do YOU guys/gals think it has on the odometer ?

• 85,000km

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 105,000km

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 125,000km

• 145,000km

• 165,000km

• 175,000km

• Not Sure/Higher km's

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
What's your question exactly? If it's about engine prefixes, including the one your engine has might be a good first step.

Also, more info on "stuff" that wouldn't be on any other VX.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'm lost?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Or someone has done an engine swap?

Post up the car build plates, from these you can work out exactly when and where it was built.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nope it's original to the car, nothings ever been swapped, all numbers match including a Holden certificate of authenticity, it's a perk of vehicles that shouldn't have been complied on the road is finding out their history

Well if you have a GMH certificate why are you questioning it on here?

I'm yet to find another VX with an electronic automatic "electrochromatic" rear view mirror (i think they call them electrochromatic or something i think), factory fitted upgraded drive shafts, upgraded V8 Holden exhaust system they were toying around with, my usual dealership i get parts from (and yes they're good for once) can't even find the system on file, car hasn't even got it's own catalogue (you have to enter it manually), plus it's heavier than a standard VX haha, it's just small things.

I have a VX II L67 Calais, it came with the V8 diff and heavy duty drive shafts, nothing special there. Been heavy is nothing special, it just costs fuel mileage. I also have a V8 exhaust system, the front half of the original exhaust matches the V8 system (at the cat converters) so this swap was rather easy so again it's not like a lot of thought was put into it, I believe it was so from the VT onwards. The factory L67 exhaust (twin into single after the diff) is somewhat marginal so with the V8 exhaust fitted it would go better than stock as the engine will rev out better.

The problem with the L67 is that when it first came out in the VS it was capable of producing more power/torque than the flagship SS with 304 motor so it is my honest opinion that Holden detuned em and fairly much from then onwards it was so. If you check out the US L67's they make more power stock than ours did for the equivalent model years.

Tommy95

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Well if you have a GMH certificate why are you questioning it on here?

I have a VX II L67 Calais, it came with the V8 diff and heavy duty drive shafts, nothing special there. Been heavy is nothing special, it just costs fuel mileage. I also have a V8 exhaust system, the front half of the original exhaust matches the V8 system (at the cat converters) so this swap was rather easy so again it's not like a lot of thought was put into it, I believe it was so from the VT onwards. The factory L67 exhaust (twin into single after the diff) is somewhat marginal so with the V8 exhaust fitted it would go better than stock as the engine will rev out better.

The problem with the L67 is that when it first came out in the VS it was capable of producing more power/torque than the flagship SS with 304 motor so it is my honest opinion that Holden detuned em and fairly much from then onwards it was so. If you check out the US L67's they make more power stock than ours did for the equivalent model years.

How many VX/VXII's in Calais form were fitted with FE2 suspension, not many i know that much
STD is a bit soft, FE2 is a definite improvement overall in my opinion. Regarding the electrochromatic rear view mirror, yours doesn't have one does it ?