Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deep Pan & Wide Mouth V8 A6

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Holy crap! I can't believe what a difference it makes!!
No flaring or hesitation on partial throttle take-off, foot down and the torque convertor actually works... stays with you through 1-2nd and 2-3rd. Cruising there is more direct control as in better resolution between commanded throttle and power down, gear changes on-time, regular, timely and silky smooth like they have never been. No sign of slight pulsation or uneven delivery under WOT.
Absolutely fricken worth it to have the car behave like it should with plenty plenty cool ATF - $130-$150 (AUD is wobbly atm) for kit delivered from US, 2-2.5hrs remove, fit, and refill with 10 litres of Dexron VI @ $16.50/litre (at least one maybe two litres still in TC).
So Camaro pan holds about 10% - 20% more Dexron VI than stock, and the CTS-V wide-mouth long-stem filter sits about twice as deep.
The kit takes three weeks delivery from the US and as you would expect, postage is cheaper directly to your door from the US rather than doing a group buy and re-distributing it here. Once kit is installed spare filters are readily available locally from Repco for $80 plus $25 postage.
PM me for the addy of the guy in the US who can organise a much better transmission for you via PayPal.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
The auto tune that castle hill performance did on my box has transformed it. A decent auto calibration makes a big difference.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

MM25

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Sounds awesome mate, I'm considering trying this on my ss! I've just Pm you with a few questions.. .

Btw you didn't happen to take some snaps while you were fitting it? Here's how document? :) lol

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Just finished the first interstate trip with the deep pan and wide mouth pickup - Stoked.
Massive difference to temps yesterday in 33° balmy heat, really improves the tranny tune to the point of pushing the stabilitrak under torque without fail.
One spare and another on the way if anyone is looking for better driving and performance out of the A6.

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
How much lower does the new pan sit on the car? Is it in danger with speed humps etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
How much lower does the new pan sit on the car? Is it in danger with speed humps etc?

No, not in danger:
a5u3azuv.jpg

y6y4avuh.jpg

crackpot77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv 6.0L
I also have this flairing happen only when I start the engine when cold or hot doesn't matter and then drive off 1,2 then revs up to 5,000rpm then changes to 3rd. I have had this issue for 4 years now and thought I got shafted by the Holden as the car was the general managers daily for 6 months. But now am really considering fixing this issue... How come places like Gm Motorsport and Hpf in Frankston don't know about this? or even Holden themselves? If it works n all?

Drizt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V L98
This sounds like a good plan. The flaring is very irritating. Keep us posted.

Drizt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V L98
We tried over filling my a6 but the flaring still happens. Does that mean this mod won't work either?