Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Defect virgin - advice please

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
It all depends on what you get caught doing and your attitude when pulled over.

Friend has a 454 LS7 in a HQ 4door GTS for almost 20 years and has never been defected even though it is rego'd as a 253. Have been with him when cops looked under the bonnet and see a stock looking engine, no chrome with a 253 4.2 litre sticker on the air cleaner :D

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Regency was a piece of piss, OTRs are legal as long as MAF is in and no engine cover is also legal.

too easy. Thanks fellas.
Good to hear, hopefully they've calmed down a bit recently and realised that nobody is going to keep every car on the road 100% stock.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Regency was a piece of piss, OTRs are legal as long as MAF is in and no engine cover is also legal.

too easy. Thanks fellas.
Good to hear, hopefully they've calmed down a bit recently and realised that nobody is going to keep every car on the road 100% stock.
Either that or the OP slipped them a couple of $100 bills, to look the other way....... :p :p

Wotdogx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Either that or the OP slipped them a couple of $100 bills, to look the other way....... :p :p
I’m not cashed up like that, got on my knees for him

Or actually swapped out all the naughty stuff as per a previous post!

Exactly, just swapped the cam and got a quiet system made up for it that’s all I changed and she’s back on the road. Very easy to pass lol.