Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Defect

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
I make sure I do my “dangerous” hooning in areas that are not built up and at nighttime where there is no traffic I’m 29 work full time have a family of 4 kids and heaven forbid I have never killed anyone or even put them in harms way I do what I enjoy and I do it in a safe manner that only affects me, what I was getting at is old mate that posted had bald tires, He didn’t ask for anyone to jump down his throat who cares if his car is illegal with a turbo it was his choice who cares, how do you know that it was from hooning that caused them to be bald could simply have done 60 000 kids on them and was 1mm below the tread indicator ? Assumptions

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I do hope O/P lets us know how he got on when it was time to present his vehicle for inspection.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
In my 15 years on the road I've never done one, and I've always owned high powered vehicles.

I have more respect for the cars and the road than to do something stupid like that, even just for a few seconds.

Just because we drive commodores and V8's etc doesn't mean we are all hoons, thats a stereotype I'm getting a bit sick of, it's people that drive like muppets that get all car enthusiasts in hot water innocent or guilty.

+1. Absolutely right.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I make sure I do my “dangerous” hooning in areas that are not built up and at nighttime where there is no traffic I’m 29 work full time have a family of 4 kids and heaven forbid I have never killed anyone or even put them in harms way I do what I enjoy and I do it in a safe manner that only affects me, what I was getting at is old mate that posted had bald tires, He didn’t ask for anyone to jump down his throat who cares if his car is illegal with a turbo it was his choice who cares, how do you know that it was from hooning that caused them to be bald could simply have done 60 000 kids on them and was 1mm below the tread indicator ? Assumptions

Assumptions. Yep, and pretty bloody apparent to any sensible person here. You like hooning at times and locations you think are safe yet tell us you're 29 and you have four kids. Time to grow up perhaps.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Assumptions. Yep, and pretty bloody apparent to any sensible person here. You like hooning at times and locations you think are safe yet tell us you're 29 and you have four kids. Time to grow up perhaps.

Yep,

Just because theres nobody around doesn't make it any less illegal, and thats why commodore drivers get such a bad name in the media because all the hoons say "I wasn't hurting or killed anyone so whats the problem" it's still highly illegal.

Remember in the eyes of the law, hoons are worse than child abusers.

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Here in Melbourne, coppers love to pick on P platers...

I think it's a nationwide thing......My eldest daughter was a P plater in a commodore and never got pulled up, yet my youngest boy was pulled up twice within a months as a p plate commodore driver....That being said, I think it depends on a few things whether they pull you up as a P plater or whether they let you carry on your merry way

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
As for whether they Op was doing a burnout or not who knows.....We also don't know if he was doing a burnout, where it was done......Personally, I have plenty of mates and rellies that are involved in the burnout scene, where they actually do burnouts in their road cars in a controlled environment, on a burnout pad, where it is perfectly legal to do so....

So I think some maybe making assumptions that he was doing burnouts on the street. Mini spooled diffs do chew tyres out very quickly, especially when fitted on a street driven car

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I was living in an new area as it was being built up. Because of this, our streets had little to no traffic at night. The down side was that i was often woken by a number of hoons doing 'safe' burnouts late at. Guess it's the consequence of being a light sleeper. Sound carries.

But make no mistake, what you consider is a past time that only affects you may actually have an impact on others that you are not even aware of. And the outcome may be a targeted police presence due to these impacted people making complaints to the police. Such targeted police presence may results in you being pinged, your mode of transport being impounded, your licence suspended or cancelled and then your family directly impacted. Doubt your wife would be impressed if such happened.

May i suggest it may be time for some self assesment and contemplation before such legal intevention requires such to occur. It's probably time to reevaluate your priorities and if doing burnouts is still your thing, find a club or track where such behaviour is OK and is both a licence and income safe process. It'd also keep you in a good place with the missus and out having to sleep on the couch with the dog.

As to the OP, i'm curious what happens when he goes to the police station for his rear tyre inspection.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I've been accused of making assumptions that may be incorrect. It could be just my experience from the morons in my area that do burnouts habitually at night in those quiet, dark, "safe" spots that Dylan likes. You see them driving around during the day in their VT's, mags on front, stockies on the back, ratshit paintwork, dumped and the ever-present P plates, usually of the red variety. The OP may not be one of the local fools but when a 19 year old beginner disregards the law by owning a car prohibited by law for his class of licence and does so on tyres which are also illegal, he's stupid and he's asking for trouble. And yes, I assume that anybody prepared to drive a car like that wore his tyres out by hooning.

KalebM

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6 3.8 commodore
Ay tyres weren’t completely fucked and I’ve had them since I got the car, and not much of a hoon just like doing **** to my car to up performance,