Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

defected.. now what...

AutoSnipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VN S2 Exec Wagon
hey there everyone.
it been tourist season in Port Lincoln tourists and their bad driving skills are everywhere, i was parked in a car park and a tourist had reversed on too much of an angle and knocked my front bumper off it's clip. within an hour (after going to the car, driving to bottle shop and on way home) i get pulled up by Port Lincoln's finest *COUGH* new cop..
who then first of all asked if he could have a look through my car, i explained to him that someone had just knocked it off and was on my way home to fix it tonight (like im gonna try and put it back on properly when im in a busy car park.)
anyway, i got Defected for the reason "Bodywork of vehicle to be secure and comply with standards"

and... VIS

should this be a VIS-able defect?
and worst of all my car just went through VIS.
what are my options?

AutoSnipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VN S2 Exec Wagon
its is regd. i just gotta get it checked out by VIS, but i don't see the point of a VIS for the fact of it been a quite visible thing to check if it's attached.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I would of had all the tourists details, including the rentals details, with photos, and shown that to the cop. And than have made the rental companies insurance for repairs to the bar, because, damn, why should you have to do it. Might as well get a bar respray out of it or something.

AutoSnipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VN S2 Exec Wagon
i would do that, but my car is insured with a "Body Kit" and the bodykit is already in the process of been resprayed, not to mention that the tourist drove off before i got the details, only got a partial number plate.