Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

defected! please help?

DUBHSTATO

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH statesman S1
hey all, i need some help with my 99' wh statesman, i passed through a RBT on friday night and recieved a defect for being too low, but only by 30mm front and 20mm rear. i has pedders low shocks and springs, that as far as i knew were legal. the cars fate has been destined to regency pits, and i now am stressing because of my tint, and i have no idea if its leaking oil inder the car, or other things of that nature.
could someone help me as to what i need to be looked over before i attempt to put it through?

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Everything has to be checked b4 going thru inspection. They screw u over by telling u that Regency will 'only' inspect what you got defected for. drawing you into the sense of feeling "oh its ok, i'll just raise the height".

But during the full inspection they will check over everything!

Some of the most important parts to ensure are in perfect working order:

- Ball joints and rack ends in the steering
- No visible oil leaks
- engine and gearbox mounts
- legal ride height
- suspension bushes
- fractures in the front seat bolt points (in the floor pan)
- fractures in the rear subframe (right up above the diff)
- Exhaust noise
- seatbelt retraction
- Play in the front seat recline mechanism
- All dash indicator lights working
- All exterior lights working
- demist on the windscreen working
- wipers and jets working
- horn working
- wheels and tyres legal size and tread
- best to go thru with NO tint. even "legal" tint wont pass on their machines 99% of the time

Those are what all cars will get checked for. If your car is modified mechanically in any way they will comb thru it even more carefully.

Good luck... been there too many times. It sucks

DUBHSTATO

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH statesman S1
ok well called regency pits today, and frow what i had heard, regency was only for 3 or more defects unless it was something serious. questioned them and they were more than happy to send me to a local cop shop! i believed i dodged a major bullet on this one. hopefully it will be off defect by monday if all goes well. they have a slip to sign, showing that it is of legal height and then they said they will be more than happy to remove the canairy.

GM GEN3

GM GEN3
Reaction score
Members Ride
legs ATM
Yeah i got done for to low and they checkout every thing your very lucky mate

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
Once a cop has issued a defect only that cop can change it from regency to cop shop so I highly doubt regency can over ride the defect notice once issued. Good luck going thru anyways

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Lol yeah suspension tick box is under the major category on the defect notice.

doms1

Reaction score
Members Ride
BANNED
Once a cop has issued a defect only that cop can change it from regency to cop shop so I highly doubt regency can over ride the defect notice once issued. Good luck going thru anyways

Exactly,I got send to regency park for window tint let alone height......Though I got my defect cleared at cop shop in end after head of traffic overrode issuing officers defect notice.........