Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

defective welding

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
there was a period when holdens were doing defective welding, causing some cars to come apart in minor crashes, it was mostly hushed up, can anyone remember when this was and what models were effected
I heard of a commodore that went out of control when the parnhard rod attachment bracket broke off but cant remember which model it was

also its said that some VNs were so badly assembled that the windscreens cracked thru body flexing when they were jacked up in garages

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
lol sounds like a rumour to me, never heard of anything like this in engineering?

Rob

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
allot if not most vl's were recalled for the "field product campaign" which was just a fancy name for a recall. Mine is an '86 and has this sticker to indicate that it was recalled, its in the drivers door frame.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
yah mine says somethng about berlina calais and something else, i wasnt sure if it was a clarifercation on the model, you got any info on it like what they did and why,
cheers

mines march 87 too

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
There is a thread here somewhere about it, very old thread. Could also be on Calaisturbo my memory is not great with these things