Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

defence members

what service are you?

• navy

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • army

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • airforce

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
with minux was infantry. done lots of different specific jobs, machine gunner, sig, motarman, grunt bucket head some more cant remember off the top of my head.

02DUBH

Reaction score
Members Ride
SENATOR
people who have done it before me said it takes around a month to have you next lot of interviews.

mine was postponed because i was working, my enlistment process has taken over 8 months

hope that made sense

Robbo_c

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais II,2007 Calais V
people who have done it before me said it takes around a month to have you next lot of interviews.

mine was postponed because i was working, my enlistment process has taken over 8 months

hope that made sense

Cool thanks for the info:thumbsup:

02DUBH

Reaction score
Members Ride
SENATOR
no problems, if you need any info on the interviews and medical and stuff like that send me a pm and ill help were i can

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Going RMC in July.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
not in the defence force, but i was thinking of the reserves since i already have a permanent job.

I've been told not to because they have a bad rep with full timers, is this true?

We all wear the same uniform. I think you'll find rivalry goes on everywhere in the ADF.

Section vs. section, company vs. company, Officer vs. OR, Service vs. Service, Full time vs. Part time.

It's all good fun and we're all part of the same family.

Apparently Choc Officers are the worst people to deal with though. Any truth to that Craig?

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
We all wear the same uniform. I think you'll find rivalry goes on everywhere in the ADF.

Section vs. section, company vs. company, Officer vs. OR, Service vs. Service, Full time vs. Part time.

It's all good fun and we're all part of the same family.

Apparently Choc Officers are the worst people to deal with though. Any truth to that Craig?

yeah haha, was thinking of artillery, i went to the recuitment open day and they said "NA do the engineers!" but.. why the hell would i want to finish one day doing civil work, to go to my reserve job doing.... civil work? lol

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

:rofl: reservist officers are right up there with adfa knobs and people who come from cadets.

Most reservists are really good, you do get the jack pricks who are gobby as all hell and are only there for a bit of tax free cash though.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah haha, was thinking of artillery, i went to the recuitment open day and they said "NA do the engineers!" but.. why the hell would i want to finish one day doing civil work, to go to my reserve job doing.... civil work? lol

DFR will do anything to meet their quota.

Although when I was going in as a Reserve Finance Officer initially, the careers guy talked me out of it. He asked me if I'd rather sit behind a desk or play with guns after doing my civvy job.

Don't do Chocs for the cash unless you're a strapped Uni student. Play soldier and have fun. It also looks great on the resume, provided the interviewer isn't intimidated by the army thing (which apparently happens).

Lol Minux, you failed to mention Direct Entry O's. Heard plenty about them from diggers. Ready made Colonels. Ready Mix Concrete.

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
DFR will do anything to meet their quota.

Although when I was going in as a Reserve Finance Officer initially, the careers guy talked me out of it. He asked me if I'd rather sit behind a desk or play with guns after doing my civvy job.

Don't do Chocs for the cash unless you're a strapped Uni student. Play soldier and have fun. It also looks great on the resume, provided the interviewer isn't intimidated by the army thing (which apparently happens).

Lol Minux, you failed to mention Direct Entry O's. Heard plenty about them from diggers. Ready made Colonels. Ready Mix Concrete.

true... the engineers DO get to blow **** up... plus heres a small world for ya- the reserves commander guy for the engineers lives on a farm up the road from where i live!