Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Degreaser streak stain help

Jrevell13

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vu s
I was using degreaser on my car to remove a stain which it succeeded in doing but I must not having washed all the degreaser off and it dried on the paint leaving a couple of streaks, does anyone know how to remove these stains? Thanks

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
You could try mild cutting compound then polish

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
It depends on the condition of the paint work and whether the degreaser material has penetrated into the paint.

I would not use a cutting compound just yet but a good paint cleaner product like this Meguiars product which won't remove any paint when you apply it.
http://www.meguiars.com.au/surface-prep/deep-crystal-paint-cleaner/

Wash down and dry the panel thoroughly and apply the paint cleaner product with a soft cotton fabric or a decent microfibre towel. Follow the application/removal instructions on the bottle and buff it off with a decent MF towel. You may need to do this 2 or 3 times to completely remove the stain. You will need to follow up with a polish or wax product application on the affected panel.

(Keep oil/grease "degreaser" products well away from the paint on your car's bodywork.)

Jrevell13

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vu s
Thank so much for your comments guys I purchased the product you recommended and I'll get back to you when the product arrives

Jrevell13

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vu s
Paint cleaner arrived today gave it a quick go, stain doesn't look as bad, will reapply a couple of times to see if it completely gets rid of it