Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Delayed Reaction

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I was at a mates place for a party the other night and decided it was time to take my car home. I had a few drinks, but not that many, and it was a 300 meter drive. (i know, i was lazy to drive there in the first place.) so his younger brother jumped in with me and as i was backing down the driveway i said (after looking behind) is there anything i can hit?' and the suddenly >>CRUNCH<<. 'yeah, there is a big rock in the ground' he says.
thanks!!! that info would have been handy 3 seconds ago!!! but i got off lucky and only have some minor scratches in the rear bumper... now it really looks like a work ute!

anyone else ever done something stupid like this?

ohh, i also back into a tree once too... it was right behind me, but some how i didnt see it!!!

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
My one shocker was a few years ago now.....pissing down rain and no wipers, ran over a median strip and almost took out a keep left sign whilst reading a road map and argueing with my now x g/f. Only doing 30kph and no damage luckily.

The best one was that same x g/f..who decided to put my VS SS in the garage. She hit the throttle instead of the brake Put it straight through the wall into the lounge room- Dad reading his paper wasn't very happy, and there was only the smallest scratch on the VS. Couldn't say as much for the wall that cost me close to $500 to repair.

Whenever we talk the wall incident always brings a few laughs.

Jake

O

Okey

Haha thats prety funny. The same kinda thing happend to a girl i knew at school. she just got here L's and put it through a wall in the house.

I myself havn't done anything yet to one of my cars <touchwood>

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
As i'm always telling my dad- no one is perfect! Had the shits once in my old VW on my L plates and reversed without looking into a trolley rail in a supermarket. Put a nice elbow into the steel bumper. Did the same sort of thing recently at work on a mine site, friday arvo- couldn't wait to get out of there so I backed the work 4wd into a LARGE euclid truck tyre which was lying down. Luckily it only bent the mudflap back into the rear tyre so some hammering repositioned it.

Cashy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Raven Mica
You have to watch those damn tree, they'll jump out from nowhere and hit you, then stand there as if to say, "what ya going to do about it Punk".

Always good to have a chainsaw handy in the back.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
QUOTE (Cashy @ Feb 11 2004, 04:20 PM) You have to watch those damn tree, they'll jump out from nowhere and hit you, then stand there as if to say, "what ya going to do about it Punk".

Always good to have a chainsaw handy in the back.
I tell ya if I had a chainsaw I would go and chop the tree down that wrote off my 5.0L. I've been looking at it with evil eyes for over 2 years now

That tree and any silver Daewoo Cielo......they're cursed I tell ya

Jake

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Care to elabarate on that jake lol

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Not really but I'll say a little

Going too fast (150kph in a 100kph zone) when a Daewoo Cielo pulled out in front of me from a sidestreet without looking. Took evasive action to avoid hitting the Cielo instead choosing a shallow embankment. Couldn't trim off speed quick enough to save it even with ABS and some not so fun fishtailing.

An old lady who was knitting and waiting for a bus said the car was 6ft above a 6ft fence before we landed in the only spare block within 5klms. Eventually being stopped by a tree. We walked it out afterwards and from the point where the car left the ground (apex of the embankment) it went over the fence travelling 20metres in all. I still remember all the dust and thinking it was over, when really we were still in the air.

Walked away with noone hurt and no charges laid to either party, my speeding cancelled out the lady in the Daewoo being held responsible even when she admited talking on her mobile phone to her granddaughter. It shook her up more than me watching my car fishtail past her careering across into coming traffic and up the embankment.

All in all it was pretty horrific even though we got away with no more than a little whip lash.

Car was the biggest mess I've ever seen someone walk away from, even the attending Ambulance officers said they were prepared for the worst when they pulled up. Instead I was quite alright...kicking the sh!t out of my already written off SS.

Thats about that, slowed me down and I learnt, even if it was the hardest way possible. With no insurance to cover it

Jake

D

dumpd6

I live in the country so we don’t have many street lights to lighten things up so yea I have hit few little things

I have tinted tail lights so reversed into a garden bed only just caught it with the edge of my bumper no major damage few lil scratches

Hit the edge of the shed with the passenger door an put a tiny dent in it (To get in the shed I have to go in on a angle an yes it was dark again )

Smashed my front bar doing a burnout after it had rained an front wheels went onto the dirt an I hit an embankment

An all this was before I got my licence I haven’t done nothing since I’ve had my licence but my car was only on the road 3 days before it got defected so I don’t drive it much any more

got pulled over for Doing any where between 160- 180 in a 80 zone isn’t very smart any way ! but the cops wer aight coz the gave me the choice of getting a $400 odd speeding fine an loss of my licence, loss of licence for no p plates an a $150 fine or get my car defected or if they wer ass holes i could of got all 3

F

finarfin

Those old style steel traffic "cop" things are a bastard to hit. dont seem em much anymore usually at T intersections circular yellow things look a bit like a hat. This one however wasnt quite yellow, more covered in crap and difficult to see. Still needed to weld the front frame up where it cracked massivly, replace the tyre and do an alignment after i hit the bloody thing. Just unlucky i suppose