Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Delayed Reaction

midnight.outlaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S series 2
I let my dad drive my car once to hervey bay from brisbane. NEVER AGAIN, he went to stop for a piss and he did a U-turn and put the brake on, only to slam the accelerator as well, and CRUNCH, hit a big tree right in the front, had to replace the bumper bar and bonnet.

D

death-from-above

When i got my bodykit put on my old car, the panel beater drilled into the windscreen wiper circuit to put the skirts on, which obviously made them inoperable. Anyway it was a wet day and i had no idea where i was going but i went for a drive and wouldnt you know it, it starting raining, couldnt see a single thing so i pulled over and hit one of those posts with a reflective circles to tell you what side of the road your on at night. Busted the front bar, headlight and the plastic trimming, got a mates dad to fix the fibreglass front bar for a bottle of southern comfort and bobs your uncle, back on

Also done stupid things like getting a new car and having it for 2 weeks and then turning in the wet at 70km/h when out of nowhere a damn traffic pole jumped infront of me

Kinda reminds me of the movie snatch with tyrone the big black guy,

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
stupidest thing i've done, not expecting a worn clutch to grab.

coming around a corner, the clutch gripped, the rears lit up, went left, went right, went left, rears clipped the dirt and i over corrected, went right, over in front of a car.. he stopped luckily.. i musta looked pretty crossed up. pulled over, copped a glare or two, took a few deep breaths haha, then took off again.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
by far, the dumbest thing i have done to date is:

driving down the road, minding my own buisness, spotted a wild bush turkey, thought to my self, "hmm, roast turkey would be nice" deceided to swearve and hit it, well,
behind the bush turkey was the biggest bloody rock that could be there, i missed the turkey, hit the rock, spun around, and finaly rested back on the road again. hoped out to survay the dammage, ended up getting chased down the road by that flamin turkey i was trying to kill. he wanted to kill me

its been atleast 3 yrs since i have been down that part of mt cotton road, to scared, just incase turkey is waiting for me with his mates, and more rocks

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
QUOTE (Garth @ Feb 13 2004, 11:23 PM) its been atleast 3 yrs since i have been down that part of mt cotton road, to scared, just incase turkey is waiting for me with his mates, and more rocks
Everyone knows that Turkeys are evil. Just look at the little bastards, they have that unchanging steel expression of vengance welded on. Its like something out of Apocolypse now.

"Smells like... Victory!"

Mike

PS: Ahh, Tyrone. You silly fat bastard.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
ok silliest thing was when i was 19 and took the wheel of a mate's old triumph on a country road. mate in passenger seat, his dad's 3 care program kids in the back.. the car was a POS, gutless, so i mashed the pedal up to 80 km/h in a 100 zone. no problem, kids in back, take it easy now no funny stuff.... HOLY F*** THE PEDAL IS STUCK.

90, 100, 110, 120, 130 and corner approaching. i tried switching off the ignition but the biggest shower of sparks you've seen comes out of the switch, turned it back on out of panic. tried braking - no good the car instantly became unstable (power through rear wheels, brakes biased to front = loss of control). so now i'm overtaking some guy around a bend and all of a sudden an F150 is coming the other way. i'm looking him in the eye, i'm not gonna make it and we're heading for a major collision, so i chop the guy up who i'm overtaking and it's 3 abreast....

switch off ignition after corner and pull over and take some deep breaths.... i should have just pushed the clutch in, or switched off the ignition in the first place, but it all happened in the space of 5-10 seconds and i was young and inexperienced.

that reads like a BS story but i swear it is true to the letter! i almost throttled my mate when he said "i really gotta get that pedal fixed some day"

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
QUOTE that reads like a BS story but i swear it is true to the letter! i almost throttled my mate when he said "i really gotta get that pedal fixed some day"

Not at all bud, sounds heavy to me Pushing the clutch in is a good idea, even if engine compents go flying through the bonnet

In the heat of the moment and at that age it was probably your last thought...

Jake

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
you wouldn't believe that would happen the one time ever i was driving around 3 kids entrusted into my care.. (well really my mate's dad but anyway) the only funny part was all 3 kids cheering afterwards and demanding we do it again! crazy bastards

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Stupid things in cars? Where do I start.....

Back in 1988 I had a VK Calais, and I was in a shop looking through the magazines when my son came running in saying "Dad, someone backed into the car!" I sprinted out to see my wife talking to some guy with an old one-tonner Kingswood ute. We have nose-in angle parking here and he'd been reversing out on our right hand side from the center parks, and when he swung the wheel his bumper thankfully only put a scrape and a small split in the rear plastic bumper of the VK where it wraps around the side of the rear fender. The funniest bit was, that the plumber whose ute it was, and who was apologising profusely to my wife, was only about 5 feet 6 tall, maybe less...a short skinny little bugger in baggy work overalls. Now I'm six feet tall and built like the proverbial, and the poor little bugger obviously thought, when he saw me storming across the road towards him, that I was going to pull of his arm and beat him to death with the wet end... . It was onlt about a $60 job to have it repaired.

I also worked on a farm and had another "reversing and turning without really looking" incident myself. It was 1982 and the boss had bought a new Sigma GSR, the sporty one with 2.6 engine and a five speed (a bit of a goer...for a 4 cylinder... ) , and he wanted me to drive to his house and get some paperwork. I relished the thought of driving a brand new car, as at the time I was doing up a hot Charger and driving around a, wait for it, 1953 Austin A-30...wow...what a performer THAT was....
I jumped in the Sigma, started her up, turned on the air-con and the radio, and reversed out, swinging the wheel to the left....and promptly tore off half the front bumper and the headlight and indicator on a post that I didn't notice. Yes, I kept my job, and despite the farm managers' threats to my bollocks, the boss didn't even really seem to care all that much, and fixed it up roughly with PACKING TAPE, and drove it around for THREE MONTHS like that....I guess some people just have too much money.....

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
one of my stories is the same as jules ,i was heading out to balacklava from hamley bridge one day and was sitting on about 100 k,s,had the cruise control on and decided i wanted a bit more speed so i push the c/c to get her up to 110 k,s,take my finger off the c/c button but the thing keeps accelerating,120/130/140 in this time as soon as i realised that it was jamed i was pushing the stop button to cancell but nothing happening,i decided to stamp on the brakes this draged me down to 80 k,s but they overheated ,could smell brake pads burning and besides the car was starting to accelerate again brakes gone by the time i thought about it i thought if i dont stop the dam thing im going to be going through balacklava at 200 k,s so i turned the ignition off,safe i thought no damage done...WRONG... i was running the car on gas at the time and as i just about stopped i turned the ignition back on to see what was happening ,huge explosion,the gas was still pumping into the muffler and exploded like i have never heard ,it absoloutley torn my muffler apart like a pancake and felt like the car was off the ground,my ears were still ringing 30 minutes after that from that explosion
cheers fergi