Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Delcowizzid'a vn gts-t

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
5 point cage weighs about 25kg LOL
just got back from a dyno run to see what sort of power it was making one run was 346rwkw at 4200rpm on 21psi LOL we had the dyno trip out and hit the torque reset had to wait for it to restart and they turned off the torque overload warning so we could do some full runs LOL
a/f ratio was a bit lean loading it on the convertor during the runs we turned it down to 19psi to see if it helped but didnt made 303rwkw on 19 all in all after a heap of runs averages out around 330rwkw on 21psi at low rpm the higher the boost the higher the power but at lower rpm as the boost was wound back up must be a major flow restriction in the setup be it heads the backed up turbine housing or the log manifold LOL time to hunt out more mass flow we want it making max power at 6000+

Last edited by a moderator:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
pulled apart one of my mates old vn s1 auto skid engines after its sat outside for years to see if any parts were salvagable what a surprise when i cleaned the pistons they look brandnew would be hard to pick it had been used if i cleaned it right up hearty old buick with its long rod

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yep, my spare VN s1 engine is much the same :)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
just got back from the drags took the 304 torana for a blast while we work on the vb.first run off the trailor in street trim 13.6@100mph sat in the 13's for 2 days between 13.4's and 13.6's 104mph top speed not too shabby for an under convertored near stock comp mild build

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
so slow out the hole with a convertor that wont stall past 1500rpm and 345 gears on 26" slicks LOL

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
sooo found the issue of why the 202 lost power and was getting slower and slower LOL can open the valves by hand.took some springs out got one measured today a whole 30Lb of seat pressure LOL need another 100Lbs on top of that.gonna rev mean when the new ones arrive and get fitted should make some serious topend like it should of too

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
vb has its new big bad boy compressor fitted for testing looks massive in the bay LOL
DSC_0431_zps24qzatcv.jpg

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
That should go alright, I suppose you need a little more power to offset the 25kg roll cage aye :p

You think you will see 9's anytime soon? (IHRA nationals at meremere next weekend btw)