Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Delft Blue VY 25th Anniversary Model! - Manual Conversion/Cammed/Lowered/3.7's/20's +

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Went and got my Diff checked out, turns out the sound is what the Diff does new, even though it's excessively loud. He showed me with all his gears how they tighten them, how they work with the spider gears and the shims, how new commodores don't have adjustable cups which is why it's so expensive to change them in the new ones etc.. Really good bloke.

He said I can pass his number around for people wanting diffs, I garentee this guy is great. We talked for like over an hour lol.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Well wednesday I may be ordering 1.75Roller rockers (so i get upgraded pushrods, and also highest ratio with the cam).

Cam + throttle body + all the cam accessories + pushrods + valve springs + rockers etc all should be going in AROUND 29th August - 5th September. I hope! All depends if i can find a car to borrow :D

edit: I forgot my car had a power button, turned it on and i swear it gained like 5RWKW lol.

Last edited:

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
I totally agree with the blind spots in the VE's i would only own a Maloo or a clubby, when i bought my ute they also had a ve sv6 ute next to the vz i bought, it was only 5k more but the vz look better an not as chunky, i learnt to drive in my mums ve sv6, it was good poower wise but to chunky for me, i would rather have a vz, they look nicer an pretty much the same engines

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I totally agree with the blind spots in the VE's i would only own a Maloo or a clubby, when i bought my ute they also had a ve sv6 ute next to the vz i bought, it was only 5k more but the vz look better an not as chunky, i learnt to drive in my mums ve sv6, it was good poower wise but to chunky for me, i would rather have a vz, they look nicer an pretty much the same engines

Yeah, the vz thunders have the 6L though :)

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Yeah, i got my ute cause its pretty much like a Storm, which is pretty much a 6 thunder, apart from the hard cover, plus i loved the colour of it haha :)

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
Yeah the Devil Yellow is mint, if i didnt get this one i was gonna get a Devil Yellow one, best colours holden have made were the turismo blue, devil yellow an hot house green, but thats me

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
Yeah the Devil Yellow is mint, if i didnt get this one i was gonna get a Devil Yellow one, best colours holden have made were the turismo blue, devil yellow an hot house green, but thats me

Also agree but can't pass up a VZ Calais in odyssey.