Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dem & Wraith's HMAS VX Berliner

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I was looking at dropping an LS1 in mine, but with the money I was budgeting ($5000 for a wreck and any other parts, $3000 for labour) I just spent an extra grand and got my VUSS.

Yeah once I started working it I got slack haha. Plus there's always the little things that you don't budget for that will catch you out.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
So much for this car. Has been fairly neglected since the VZ has come along. Used for the school run and that's about it. Really handy being a wagon but really wish it had 8 cylinders up front. Think I'm at the end of the road with this car in terms of mods. Soon as boys are old enough will likely sell it for a Prado (so we can go camping etc.)

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well fail. The aftermarket lights clear coat has started coming off. Rang the company and they are a month out of warranty but looks like they may honour it anyway just because I'm a regular customer. Will be going there at some stage before the weekend so they can sus it out.

Edit: Well got them swapped out for brand new ones no questions asked so yay for that. Apparently the bottom bolt isn't good enough for an earth. Low beam plug was a bit charred.

Last edited:

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
New lights are in. Earths moved. Now to realign the headlights so they aren't chasing possums. Pinched the Narva phantoms out of the tail lights. Looks a little weird up close but better then orange.

12176321_10204831847096603_327984866_o.jpg

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well again not a lot has happened. Looking at upgrading the family car but don't think I could ever get rid of this. She's done well. Just clocked over 275 000 kms which is a pretty decent effort for a mangtec.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Mine's just coming up to 290 XXX.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mine's coming up to 370xxx
Lex

Serviced right they just keep going. I have a secret motor swap planned when the motor goes and if I can afford it.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Serviced right they just keep going. I have a secret motor swap planned when the motor goes and if I can afford it.

My first Ecotec died at 267,00km, but only because the mechanic I went to with simple issues was useless. That was when I decided to start learning about cars. My current one is now at 170,000km. If this one dies, I'm dropping an L67 in.