Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

demister grille

vsMick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
hey all i got new splits and im not sure how to get to the old tweeters to mount the new ones in.

the gregorys manual basically says remove the demister grille. how exactly do i go about doing that? (i couldnt find it any where in the manual)

i had a poke at it and it feels screwed in.

thanks

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
I dont have factory tweeters, bt i think you have to unscrew the bit around the air vent. I mean the bit that has a hole in it, in the dash for the air to flow through. Just ask if im not making sense

vsMick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
you mean the bit on the end of the dash on either side joining to the door?

i hope thats it, i cbf pulling to much more off

if thats what you meant ill go try it, thanks.

vsMick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
also meant to ask is drilling through the parcel shelf illegal, even if its four 5mm holes for an amp?

vsMick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
are there any more screws in the demister grill or just the ones on either end. you were right, i removed the covers and found the "screw" (just a locking tab that i pushed through the hole). The grille still feels attached so do i just pull it up or do i have to remove more stuff to get to the other "screws"

cheers

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
ive pulled this grill off myself because i was attempting to put my tweeters in them, theres a series of screws across the vents and the whole plastic thing comes off in two sections left & right but you need to have very small tweeters if they are gona fit behind those grills as there is not a whole lota space under it

vsMick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
yeah, im pretty sure my tweeters will fit in, but it would be easier to tell once i get the whole thing off, how did you get access to the other screws, i can only see the two outside ones

cheers