Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Demister?? switch

viccib

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Executive Sedan
Hi again, does anyone know where i can get a demister switch for my vc???? have tried wreckers near me and no luck. have also tried rare spares and holden still no luck (holden - surprise, surprise). Just in case, the switch is part of the dash bit and need one near on pretty badly.

Can anyone please help me??

Thanks
Vicci.

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
my local wreckers is packed with vb-vr's :)

viccib

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Executive Sedan
I live on the gold coast near the border and no the wreckers around here don't have any vc's. vk_jonno, where exactly are you and can u pm me the number of your local wreckers please??? Thanks.

VSHeaven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim S2
Try your Holden dealer to locate p/n M38855. This is an accessory switch but does the same job as the demister switch. Only difference is that is has a white dot on it instead of the demister logo.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
ebay had a couple last time I looked
early Commodores are getting a lot more difficult to find at wreckers.
Fortunately I've got a wrecker about an hours drive away that does usually keep a reasonable stock of early girls.

if I get stuck, I use Car Parts, Auto Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Truck Parts, 4x4 Parts - Australia's #1 parts locator | Find, buy & sell new & used parts online
you just enter the part you want on their website, select your location and wreckers will send you an email with quotes and any postage costs.
Wreckers are usually happy to send parts interstate for a very reasonable price. I got a k-frame & steering rack sent up from Vic to Qld for cheaper than I could buy it locally

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
Mine is in Melbourne
It's like near springy :p

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
old thread but i used Hyundai mk2 eg about 1992 model switchers in my vh sle. fit perfect, look great and illumination is sweet, but need wire splicing from Hyundai wire loom to Holden very straight forward. looks factory