Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dent in car

CrimsonThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS
Hey everyone, i got a dent in my car its fairly large but not huge. Its in the passenger door area and was wondering if i take out the door trim can i push it out.

thanks.

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
gday mate. does it have sharp bends like a fold sorta or is it more smooth where it's dented. If its smooth you could try but if its a sharp dent u'll need a beater.

CrimsonThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS
Thanks for the reply man. Nah its all smooth. :) Honestly if you see it drive past, or even open the door you can hardly tell its there, its not deep or anything. But i know its there so it annoys me lol.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
could always give the hairdryer + compressed air trick a go. have a look on youtube

CrimsonThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS
could always give the hairdryer + compressed air trick a go. have a look on youtube

Cheers, saves taking the trim out.

Heres the video for anyone that wants to see. YouTube - Car Dent Removal with Hair Dryer and Compressed Air

My dent is a bit bigger than that, hopefully it still works though.

Can i buy compressed air at Super Cheap Auto?

In the comments it says this is only for dents that have lightly been pushed in. :(

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
i got 2 cans of it from dick smith for $17. careful when you spray a can upside down. was cold enough to make my finger hurt for a couple of days

CrimsonThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS
i got 2 cans of it from dick smith for $17. careful when you spray a can upside down. was cold enough to make my finger hurt for a couple of days

Yeah I'll be careful. :)

Did it work for you? How big was your dent?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
nah my dent was too small for it to work. ive heard it works on the bigger ones though

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Not sure if I'd be game to try it on the small dent in the side of my boot or not. I certainly hope the guys "panel beating skills" are better than his literacy skills. Did look convincing though and I may try it after a few more of you guys have!

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Dust Away cans (blue cans)? Yes, they are awesome. Using a can when a store was being shut down it was able to make a portable hard egg shaped night light into a squishy egg! :yeah:

This technique is actually used by panel beaters too. Just usually not while customers are around.