Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dent in rail

inquist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ exec
so i drove my car (ve ss) to a party on saturday night and some muppet decided it would be funny to dent it.
turns out where they dented it, is a near impossible job for it to be fixed.
the dent is just above the door on the front passanger side between where the top of the door closes and the plastic strip that holds the roof on. it is that lovely piece of body panel that starts at the bottom of the windscreen and finishes at the rear quater panel.
so i called midland smash repairs, they turned me away saying they wont fix it unless i go through my insurance.
then i called dent king or something and they said that the dent is in the worst place and they cant promise me it will be 100% after the repair and they also said they have to do a "glue pull"
I am so confused and a little ticked off .
i was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the best place for dent repairs in perth.
also what do you think my best option would be?

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV
Give the paintless dent people a go what they do is they use hot glue and stick on a plastic bit sort of looks like a chess piece and there tool just grabs it and they give it a tug a hope it pulls up the dent as long as the paint hasnt cracked its your best option, other then that you will need a panel shop to fix and paint

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
From what I understand that area is structural so I defiantly go through your insurance company, I'm sure the dent guy has the best intentions but he wouldn't have the first clue on the structural strength of the car.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
The area you described is a structural pillar.. you can do a dodgey if you want.. But if you've got a rating one for life I'd be getting it fixed by insurance.. That gives you a proper level of cover if it ain't done right.

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Toyota 105 series Landcruiser
Find the guy who did it n kick their ass