Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dent Removal Kits

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Did anyone end up buying the kit and did it work. I have half a dozen small dings mostly in my tailgate I want to get fixed. The paint-less dent bloke is 3hrs away, so big day just to have a few dents massaged out, plus it's a day off work.

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Did anyone end up buying the kit and did it work. I have half a dozen small dings mostly in my tailgate I want to get fixed. The paint-less dent bloke is 3hrs away, so big day just to have a few dents massaged out, plus it's a day off work.
Yeah I bought a kit on E Bay for $45. It is a 23 piece set. Bit flimsy and cheap looking. The glue gun is good. I only had one dent about the size of a one cent piece. Gave it 2 goes with the pulling tool. I would say it is 50% gone. I would think from what I have seen, it would be better on larger dents and where a big dents that needs to me pulled out in a door or guard. That said, I have pulled out a large dent on my previous VE with a plumbers friend. Would I recommend it?????? Don't know

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sounds like it's not really any good.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Sounds like it's not really any good.
A craftsman cabinet builder could probably do a better job using a screwdriver and knife than a layman could using quality chisels and saw as it’s in the knowledge, experience and skill of the person using the tools...

The dent puller may be a “bit flimsy and cheap looking” but much of the outcome is based on the knowledge, experiance and skill of the operator*. I’ve heard the most critical part of the tool set is the quality of the glue’s composition, too weak and the stud will break free before it should and too strong and it may pull paint off the panel (also the case if the paint is non factory or soft, which is probably of more concern to you given the painting you've done to your ute)...

The only way to know how good the tool is and more importantly how you’d go with using it is to buy one and try your hand at dent pulling.

( * no disrespect meant towards Mick HHH ;) )

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Think I won't waste my money. I will probably leave it to a skilled person. I would have loved to have the ute ding free this year. Looks like I will have to wait until I need to head to Hobart which is less than once a year or wait until I head to Adelaide, just not sure when that will happen.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Think I won't waste my money. I will probably leave it to a skilled person. I would have loved to have the ute ding free this year. Looks like I will have to wait until I need to head to Hobart which is less than once a year or wait until I head to Adelaide, just not sure when that will happen.
I've just bought a full kit. $107.00 delivered. Waiting for the delivery.

Pretty much what skylarking said. I've got some crap around that l intend to practice on first.

I'll let you know how l go. But l don't expect much, but hay, l might get a surprise :) . You know the saying, nothing ventured,nothing gained.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've just bought a full kit. $107.00 delivered. Waiting for the delivery.

Pretty much what https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/members/skylarking.163429/ said. I've got some crap around that l intend to practice on first.

I'll let you know how l go. But l don't expect much, but hay, l might get a surprise :) . You know the saying, nothing ventured,nothing gained.

Please pop up some before and after shots if you don't mind.

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
A craftsman cabinet builder could probably do a better job using a screwdriver and knife than a layman could using quality chisels and saw as it’s in the knowledge, experience and skill of the person using the tools...

The dent puller may be a “bit flimsy and cheap looking” but much of the outcome is based on the knowledge, experiance and skill of the operator*. I’ve heard the most critical part of the tool set is the quality of the glue’s composition, too weak and the stud will break free before it should and too strong and it may pull paint off the panel (also the case if the paint is non factory or soft, which is probably of more concern to you given the painting you've done to your ute)...

The only way to know how good the tool is and more importantly how you’d go with using it is to buy one and try your hand at dent pulling.

( * no disrespect meant towards Mick HHH ;) )
None taken. You never know if you don't have a go:cool: