Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Depressed people...

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
People who try to take their own life have very deep chemical problems. I use to think oh tuffen up you soft **** and deal with it but from a very close encounter with suicide i will never say that again. Its amazing to watch someone with so much to live for simply give up and always find the bad side in everything. They need help and anyone who notices a friend with suicidal thoughts/actions needs to tell medical staff asap. You may just save a life. Many people just need to support and treatment to sort their lives out and come out the other side a stronger and happier person.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I second nicko...back in 2005 I knew a girl who was thinking of ending her life. I spent the night with her to make sure she didn't do anything to herself...turns out it she was just attention seeking, but still...I felt better for doing it...for all I know, she may have been the real deal, and then I (and everyone else) would've been left to live with it.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I worry more about the people that do nothing about depression, Then the ones that try and fail to end their lives. Sounds silly but attempting to kill yourself is doing something. 9/10 a failed attempt gets you the help you couldn't ask for... And some do it maybe for attention ?.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
To me, every person i know that has said their "depressed" and talked to me about it was an attention seeker....
The stories were just complete ****... Who cares if stuff isnt 100% at home/school, its life... life is never going to be perfect and if they cant handle it young then what hope do they have when they get older and have things that are actually stressful (loans, job, relationships etc)

And who ever said suicide is easy these days was right, if people where serious about taking themselves out they would get a gun and splat there brains against a wall in 1 shot, none of this emo bullshit "oh no! i hate my life! ill pop some pills, that will teach everyone"
If there going to do it, do it right because people are going to think your a pussy if you fail :)

wouldnt that make her an easy root now?
LOL @ the pun

(Nice quote btw to hsvpunk :))

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It's different when you are young, when you get depressed as a kid you get really hyped up over girls and such, I never used to tell anyone about being depressed, not even sure than I was but I did pass out while standing up on top of a big cliff over the sea one day as a kid, I wasn't very happy at the time, well unhappy enough to pass out from the stress of it all :p but I was ok afterwards, I only did that once and never told anyone about it.

But when you are older it's different, it's not a matter of being serious about it or not or whatever.

I never get sad these days and for all intents I'm happy. But I'm pretty bored with life/people everything and have been for a long time, sometimes just don't feel like doing it for another 40 years, I have no kids no debts or any other reason to do those last years so sometimes you just want to save yourself the pain of it all.

So it's not the same feeling but I'm allways able to have some level of self control over the inner demons and allthough I may dream longingly for the rafters in my shed at times and the peace and rainbows they would give me, I just don't go there until I'm feeling better. So far this theory works for me but for exactly what reason I keep waking up I don't know that yet :p

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
depression is a sickness..... and yes it id often miss-diagnosed but stupid comments like they need to take a cup of concrete is ill-informed and insensitive. Often attempted suicide IS a cry for help or attention...... but usually it's the only way somebody that is suffering from depression knows to get the help they desperately need.
Clinical depression is a selfish disease...... because the people that do genuinely suffer from it can only think about themselves, and how low they feel... nobody else comes into the equation usually. But, with the right help, and medication, people can come back from it and live a long and happy life without any more depression or medication........ i am one of them.
btw... i never attempted suicide, but i did consider seriously it once or twice.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
It's different when you are young, when you get depressed as a kid you get really hyped up over girls and such, I never used to tell anyone about being depressed, not even sure than I was but I did pass out while standing up on top of a big cliff over the sea one day as a kid, I wasn't very happy at the time, well unhappy enough to pass out from the stress of it all :p but I was ok afterwards, I only did that once and never told anyone about it.

But when you are older it's different, it's not a matter of being serious about it or not or whatever.

I never get sad these days and for all intents I'm happy. But I'm pretty bored with life/people everything and have been for a long time, sometimes just don't feel like doing it for another 40 years, I have no kids no debts or any other reason to do those last years so sometimes you just want to save yourself the pain of it all.

So it's not the same feeling but I'm allways able to have some level of self control over the inner demons and allthough I may dream longingly for the rafters in my shed at times and the peace and rainbows they would give me, I just don't go there until I'm feeling better. So far this theory works for me but for exactly what reason I keep waking up I don't know that yet :p

even to this day, i sometimes still suffer from anxiety attacks........ thankfully, they are rare and short lived.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
depression is a sickness..... and yes it id often miss-diagnosed but stupid comments like they need to take a cup of concrete is ill-informed and insensitive. Often attempted suicide IS a cry for help or attention...... but usually it's the only way somebody that is suffering from depression knows to get the help they desperately need.
Clinical depression is a selfish disease...... because the people that do genuinely suffer from it can only think about themselves, and how low they feel... nobody else comes into the equation usually. But, with the right help, and medication, people can come back from it and live a long and happy life without any more depression or medication........ i am one of them.
btw... i never attempted suicide, but i did consider seriously it once or twice.

Its great to hear stories of people receiving the help they need and getting better :thumbsup: Im glad for you hunter. I think many people who are depressed dont understand that their is so much help out there that doesnt involve being drugged up for the rest of your life. Often all it takes is a small intensive treatment period and follow up checks to kick start a positive life again.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
To me, every person i know that has said their "depressed" and talked to me about it was an attention seeker....

I thought the same man, everyone I knew that had depression was a teenage young 20's female that was overweight or just wasn't having fun with life.

Then my old boy got it, great job, nothing to complain about with family life, great house, no debts, good friends. Then one day he comes out and tells us that while he was away for work he was that upset he nearly took his own life. I'm bloody thankful he didn't of course. And I'm glad he told us, otherwise we never would have known.

Now he's on medication and he's a completely different person. He's very emotional, I think that's part of what he's trying to do though, on top of that he snaps over little things - it's taken a lot on my part to not stir him up like I used too.

But yeah, one of the first cases that I've been close enough too, to be able to see that it's legit and very f*cking serious.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
even to this day, i sometimes still suffer from anxiety attacks........ thankfully, they are rare and short lived.

Yeah I get that, no no no no no feeling once in a while too. I'll even say that :S, it doesn't last long, just have to stop seeing/doing what caused it and I'm all good. I'm pretty good on the self control