Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Design for my air intake. Any good?

dynoryder

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive wagon
so how do you meausre this response time cobez plz tell me

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
WTF? Dear god, were you dropped on your head as a baby? Response time? I don't even know if i should dignify your post with a reply.

Better throttle response in dumb dumb terms, means your accelerator feels alot tighter and more responsive when you push your foot down on it. Doesn't mean your car goes faster, it means the power you already have is being utilised better i suppose is one loose way of putting it.

dynoryder

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive wagon
WTF? Dear god, were you dropped on your head as a baby? Response time? I don't even know if i should dignify your post with a reply.

Better throttle response in dumb dumb terms, means your accelerator feels alot tighter and more responsive when you push your foot down on it. Doesn't mean your car goes faster, it means the power you already have is being utilised better i suppose is one loose way of putting it.

i know what you are saying i am asking if you can proove it mate or are you just trying to avoid what i asked cuz i think you know exactly what i meant

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Omg this is hurting my head. You don't need to measure it, if it makes any kind of noticible difference to your throttle response, you can feel the difference when you put the foot down. That is a simple as i can break it down for you.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
so how do you meausre this response time cobez plz tell me

Through times on the quarter mile. Through REAL WORLD results, not on a dyno.

Much like the OTRs on the LS1's they dont make big gains on the dyno, but they shine on the street and strip through increased airflow and better throttle response.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
And improved throttle response has nothing to do with measuring in times if improved throttle reponse is what you are trying to gain. I don't know how you got measuring it with time mixed in.

All i can post for this is:

1252376365777.gif

dynoryder

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive wagon
yea a cold air intake will work good but i was talking bout pod filters in engine bays

dynoryder

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive wagon
and throttle response can be measured buy rpm and power over time i was asking if any of you guys can proove it

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
1252376365777.gif

I can't deal with this bloke anymore.