Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Design for my air intake. Any good?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yes, i know. Try torque instead of power.

Don't worry dude, carry on, you are hurting my head lol.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
No, i just don't deal well with idiocy.

dynoryder

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive wagon
well i think your remark about throttle response is stupitdy

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
yea a cold air intake will work good but i was talking bout pod filters in engine bays

Same principle as CAI's, they have a larger surface area to draw air from. If youve got the pod properly heat shielded and set up correctly it can result in throttle response gains. I rekon they are rubbish as **** and belong in the bin because lets face it, people shove them on and all they do is suck up the hot air from the engine bay which does nothing at all.

dynoryder

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive wagon
maby sound response is all you can feel from the engine bay but im surprised that you could here that in any cars which you have a pod filter on

but as for any gain in the response of the throttle is not proven so why state it

dynoryder

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive wagon
Same principle as CAI's, they have a larger surface area to draw air from. If youve got the pod properly heat shielded and set up correctly it can result in throttle response gains. I rekon they are rubbish as **** and belong in the bin because lets face it, people shove them on and all they do is suck up the hot air from the engine bay which does nothing at all.

no cai catches air at speed

a bigger throttle body might give throttle response but not a filter for farrrk sake

speed_freak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8 Eco
get out of my thread. anyways back to the original topic, im think i might need to get a smaller pod filter as this one leaves very little clearance one in the box. also trying thinking that the duct pipe will on a 45deg angle with a 45deg cut going into the box, this will eliminate the need for a full 90deg bend from a vertical intake pipe. would look a lot neater as a vertical pipe though.

hmmmm decisions

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Are you going to holesaw through the flat section that your shield sits on to get some more air in there?