Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Desktop and Laptops

Which Operating System do you prefer?

• Total voters

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Been running windows8 since launch. When used correctly it completely shits over Win7. It's the fact that people do not like change or that a lot of people use it wrong.

Your windows key is now your new best friend when it comes to windows 8.

P.s- Classic shell sux cox n' dix.

P.p.s- Why is this not posted in the "The Lan Lounge"

P.p.p.s- Why is this not posted in the "polls" section of the forum?

If classic shell sucks dick that's fine with me :p I'm not all that computer savy and I wing pretty much everything so it's made the change to 8 a little easier for me.

Majority of users rarely visit The Lan Lounge

No idea

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Toshy A200
Dell Latitude E6400
Asus F5

Games box
HTPC
NAS
Web/Mail Server

All running W7 aside an ESXi lab. W8 is a great OS on paper, but totally fluffy, intended for touch-screen and not for administrators who frequent MMC and other 'guts' components of Windows. I played with it for a while to see if my network could move up, if games ran better, but no, W7 works perfectly fine for what it is and for now I have no intention of upgrading. With all devices I have running an SSD for OS purposes there's really nothing to speak of in speed difference, but with a HDD I could understand why the preference would be for W8.

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Toshy A200
Dell Latitude E6400
Asus F5

Games box
HTPC
NAS
Web/Mail Server

All running W7 aside an ESXi lab. W8 is a great OS on paper, but totally fluffy, intended for touch-screen and not for administrators who frequent MMC and other 'guts' components of Windows. I played with it for a while to see if my network could move up, if games ran better, but no, W7 works perfectly fine for what it is and for now I have no intention of upgrading. With all devices I have running an SSD for OS purposes there's really nothing to speak of in speed difference, but with a HDD I could understand why the preference would be for W8.

lol cute, You do know all games have grabbed a minimum 8fps boost going from win7 to win8 with the latest optimized drivers that have been appearing the past few months?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
My last batch of testing was less than two weeks ago on said 'optimised' drivers and it disagrees.

Your fanboisms are cute, please don't be offended that W8 isn't for me at this time. It's nothing personal.

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
My last batch of testing was less than two weeks ago on said 'optimised' drivers and it disagrees.

Your fanboisms are cute, please don't be offended that W8 isn't for me at this time. It's nothing personal.

You are adorable :)

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Windows 8 is great when you take the time to get used to the new interface.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
New interfAce sucks. I lole being able to click the start icon and not lose my whole desktop to those floating tile which are designed for touch. Just god awful

yZoH

Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
New interfAce sucks. I lole being able to click the start icon and not lose my whole desktop to those floating tile which are designed for touch. Just god awful

Those tiles are your start menu. You still have a complete desktop same as windows 7. And, Use the windows key on your keyboard :)