Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Desperate need of 4spd clutch part

abcent

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina S2
I've scoured the globe in search of a throw-out bearing carrier, cant find one anywhere.

Its for a VH commodore, 253, aussie 4spd. The bearing carrier is a metal one that requires the bearing to be pressed onto it. I really need that part as putting the old one back in is NOT an option, its too far gone.

any help in finding one of these would be greatly appretiated, i've been ringing around everywhere for around a month now with no luck.

Im in Vic

thanks for any help

Berin

vee ka

Reaction score
Members Ride
'85 HDT VK SS, '03 Liberty GT, '06 Forester XT
i think i have one but im over in perth!! i dont need it either. the main thing is im away from home ( 4 1/2hrs away ) at the moment till friday arvo. ill have a look when i get back at the condition of it but i think its fine, will need to press a new bearing on tho. let me know if thats too long a wait!! otherwise ill just sent it via post to ya!! PM me. :thumbsup:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
check ebay mate, or your local wreckers, even wreckers beyound your location.

abcent

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina S2
vee ka said:
i think i have one but im over in perth!! i dont need it either. the main thing is im away from home ( 4 1/2hrs away ) at the moment till friday arvo. ill have a look when i get back at the condition of it but i think its fine, will need to press a new bearing on tho. let me know if thats too long a wait!! otherwise ill just sent it via post to ya!! PM me. :thumbsup:

yeah that'd be awsome! I have access to a press so thats no troubles, just let me know if you have it an what you want for it. Sending it via regestered post should only be around $10 i think? but let me know.

my email is quickest way to reach me as I'm not on here that much:

[email protected]

thanks heaps

Berin Connell
Geelong, Vic

vee ka

Reaction score
Members Ride
'85 HDT VK SS, '03 Liberty GT, '06 Forester XT
email sent to ya today mate, ya can have it for nothing just the cost of postage :thumbsup:

figjamidhVK8t4

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 3.3 Converted to EFI
Hey Guys I dont need a part just HELP!! ive converted to 4speed manaul goes well no problems EXCEPT for a weird rattle and wine come from the gearbox im assuming...if you have any ideas be great Thanks.....

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Could be the spigot bush worn out.

9C1pack

Reaction score
More info on your problem will help us to assist.

If it is noisy when the clutch is to the floor it will be clutch throw out bearing or possibly a spigot bush.

If noisy when the the car is moving or parked in neutral with clutch out, it may be the front bearing in the gearbox or similar.

figjamidhVK8t4

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 3.3 Converted to EFI
well its only when i'm using or riding the clutch and flooring it in first and second gear

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
Sounds like the thrust bearing is stuffed. The bearing is not that expensive to buy but you have to take the gearbox out to replace it.