Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VR-VS] [DETAILED] HOW TO CHANGE DIFF GEARS & BUILD THE DIFF PROPERLY

Commo_Carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR V6 Turbo Ute, 99 STI EJ207 GT FORESTER
I thought I might share this series of videos here for you guys. I'm sure this will help MANY of you guys on here.

Basic run-down - VR V6 Commodore, custom turbo monster ute, going from 3.08 to 3.73 diff gears, M78 live axle (applies for most live axles and majority applies to IRS too)

Enjoy! And be sure to check out my other videos and subscribe for a heap load of detailed and helpful content:cool:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Great videos Carl ... No long term dramas with that pinion gear that picked up some end float after the first run ?... I was also surprised to see that you could turn down the pinion gear in a lathe ... I thought it was case hardened and it would not like being turned down .... Sparks were impressive .

Commo_Carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR V6 Turbo Ute, 99 STI EJ207 GT FORESTER
No dramas, nah. Yeah you can, but it has to be reasonably powerful lathe. With hardened steel its just full speed with a sharp cutter Just gotta make sure the swarf basket is clear before hand