Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Detailing Tips & Tricks....

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Thanks for that, have already forwarded it on via email :)

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Hmm, i'm not going to bother with the clay bar / polish / wax this afternoon after work, won't have enough time to do it properley, so i'm gonna wait for some nice weather so i can do it properley.

I'm still gonna wash her with Meguiars softwash though as i have heard even the wash liquid can still bring your car up looking fantastic!

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
whats the best way to detail the paint where the badges are, after i take them off.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Wash, cut, polish, wax ^^^

clyde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive Wagon
i recently got myself a vs wagon, only realy bad thin wrong with the paint, (besides stone chips, ect), was it has a black scrap down the back passenger side door. the pannel isnt dinted at all. i was just wondering what the best way to go about removing it was. i was thinkin cut and polish?

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
i recently got myself a vs wagon, only realy bad thin wrong with the paint, (besides stone chips, ect), was it has a black scrap down the back passenger side door. the pannel isnt dinted at all. i was just wondering what the best way to go about removing it was. i was thinkin cut and polish?

This impossible to answer without any photos

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
Hey guys, anyone know of a remedy for some fine scratches on the windscreen.........
took the Calais down to the local carwash for just a quick spray rinse and noticed all the bug crap on the screen,,,,switched to broom, gave it a quick scrub and then hosed off.
Noticed the next day some fine scratches.........:realangry
Must have been some bloody crap in the bristles! N0T HAPPY JAN!:ranting:

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Rogues, I'm not too sure about this one. I haven't come across any product for class other than a cleaner. Initially I was thinking of a Meguiars plastx or clear plastic polish but they're really only designed to remove cloudiness in aged plastic. A cut and polish compund will be pointless as there's nothing in glass to cut back. Hmmm I don't think there's much you can do. Sorry.

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
Hmmmmmmm, thanks anyway Scooter, I more or less resigned myself that that was the answer I would get.............by the way, liked your input on the polishing routine in the VE thread which directed me to here.........never been here before!!
May just haveta get me one of them orbital thingo's and bring the duco up like a mirror.
My ride's only 10 months old so shouldnt be too much drama turning it into a glamour,ha,ha...........
Cheers Rogues

Ra1d

omg thats the funky sh1t
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Exec, VL Exec
just wondering if theres any way to remove swirl marks in a sherbrook metallic green paintjob? the paint is excellent on my car but in direct sunlight heaps of circular swirl marks are visible in the clear coat. also, any special way to clean an interior painted with epoxy paint w/ clear? thanks guys