Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Detailing Tips & Tricks....

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
hey there ... im new here .. and i live in saudi arabia .. i guess most of u here are from australia .. ne wayz ... i have a question bout detailin ... i have just purchased a new commodore V6 ... its red .. the color is awesome .. but its just 5 months old .. the guy who cleans my car used some crappy cloth and now it has millions of marks on the paint ... ive polished it 3 or 4 times ... but they dont go away ... plz help me . .!!!! ....

I suggest you read the posts I've made in this thread. I'm not going to type the same thing over and over again for people to lazy to read whats been posted

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Hi all, Was wondering if i can use a carpet cleaner on my crewy seats while it is off the road? It is one of those cleaners that you put shampoo stuff into.
I will have about 2 weeks too let them dry.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers Shane

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Hi all, Was wondering if i can use a carpet cleaner on my crewy seats while it is off the road? It is one of those cleaners that you put shampoo stuff into.
I will have about 2 weeks too let them dry.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers Shane

Do you mean like those machine you hire from the woolies or coles supermarkets? If so then yes. They work pretty good because they extract the dirt from the fibres. Just check for coulour fastness first on a small spot. Your other option is to get a mobile carpet cleaner to come out and do it for the same price of hiring the machine and buying the shampoos and stuff.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
hi scooter, thanks for the reply. it think its called a rug doctor. i can get a loan of the machine for free, i just have to buy my own shampoos.

Superior_Shine

Car Detailing
Reaction score
Website
www.superiorshine.com.au
Hi Shane,

Any extraction machine is fine, they all work the same way.
When you say "you have 2 weeks to let them dry" theres no need to let that much liquid sit in them that it would take that long to dry.
They should generally dry within a few hours in the sun, having them take longer to dry cause there so wet is of no benefit, if anything its worse as you dont want mould growing in them from being damp for so long so suck out as much as you can after you shampoo them. :)

coastvl

Member from the dead!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE six
Hi Guys. Good to see a bunch of detailers on here.
I have been detailing for about 5 years now. 2 of those were with Mercedes Benz on the Gold Coast and now at a Honda Dealership in Hervey Bay.
If anyone needs help up my way I'm sure I can help out somehow.
Seems like we have enough help in this thread for now. I'll keep an eye on the thread though.
Heres a few of my pride and joys (jobs)
DSC00360.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

chrissGT.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

navara.jpg

DSC00277.jpg

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Hi new here, just thought i'd say that i use Meguires scratchx on any minor scratches, Meguires gold class polish will take off tar, i use it once every 3 months- light coat the entire car then buff off with a soft cloth, then buff again with a cleaner cloth. I then use the first buff cloth on the interior tinted and exterior windows followed by the clean cloth. Won't hurt the tint and beats using a streaky chamois!!!! Water still beads off the car after 3 months, no wax just gold class. I use gold class wash once a week or so, ya can't beat the stuff!!!

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Hi new here, just thought i'd say that i use Meguires scratchx on any minor scratches, Meguires gold class polish will take off tar, i use it once every 3 months- light coat the entire car then buff off with a soft cloth, then buff again with a cleaner cloth. I then use the first buff cloth on the interior tinted and exterior windows followed by the clean cloth. Won't hurt the tint and beats using a streaky chamois!!!! Water still beads off the car after 3 months, no wax just gold class. I use gold class wash once a week or so, ya can't beat the stuff!!!

What? No wax? Oh dear :eek: I hope your car is kept under cover most of the time.

Hey coastvl, how do you find the Merc paint to work on? Ceramic clear coat I believe? Gotta be fun removing swirls from a black Merc clear coat :rolleyes:

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
What? No wax? Oh dear :eek: I hope your car is kept under cover most of the time.

Hey coastvl, how do you find the Merc paint to work on? Ceramic clear coat I believe? Gotta be fun removing swirls from a black Merc clear coat :rolleyes:

Yeh it's under cover wherever possible, live near beach too so its always got salt on it. But even though i only use the gold class polish, no wax, the water still beads after 3 months with a weekly wash.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Yeh it's under cover wherever possible, live near beach too so its always got salt on it. But even though i only use the gold class polish, no wax, the water still beads after 3 months with a weekly wash.

Beading isn't everything. A polish alone does not provide any protection. You need a wax or a sealant especially if the car is subjected to salt air.

EDIT: I just had a thought. Meguiars don't make a Gold Class 'polish'. They do however have a Gold Class liquid 'wax'. You sure thats not what you're using? If so the Gold Class wax has a nice look to it but I found that it wasn't very durable and needed to reapply after 2 weeks. Then again it was exposed to the elements most of the time. If I can make a suggestion it would be to get to Meguiars spray wax or even better would be Duragloss Aquawax. It's basically a spray on/wipe off wax that acts as a 'booster' in between proper waxing and can make intervals between waxing up to 6 months. Only adds about 5 minutes to the washing process.

Last edited: