Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Detailing Tips & Tricks....

itchy pits

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz
hey m8...
is there something that can be rubbed into the passanger air bag cover for vr/vs commys do slow down or reduce the corners from coming up ? ?

cheers
itchy

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
yes we demand an answer to this one!!!!

just contemplating using araldite to glue them down. i find araldite to be one of the best glues around..

it really *hits you when the airbag cover comes up...

I did make a thread earlier on on this topic... got a few suggestions like blutack(??!!)
supposedly Holden sells new airbag covers for $160 or so!
I wonder what glue they come primed with? or are they a clip on design?

if I do glue down I realise if I have a crash the missus will most likely get smacked out with the cover or something...

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
thanks lish, ill get soem good quality cut n polish and see how she turns up

dephilile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
minux said:
I personally wouldnt reccomend using armor all to anyone, it cuts plastic and rubber life drastically.

i use a product called kitten (it's in a red spray bottle). is this as bad as armorall?

dephilile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
what is a cheesecloth?

got any ideas on an easy way to remove dead bugs from the front of the car (i.e. number plate and front bumper). no matter how much i scrub they don't wanna come off the work truck (it gets washed like once a year).

also, i have some paint marks on my drivers side door from where other cars have opened their doors into mine. what's the best way to remove these?

cheers

Phil

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
chesecloth is available from the auto shop near the cleaning stuffs....it's a soft woven cotton.

for the bugs...get a blue car wash ENJO mitt - they are fab! (www.enjo.com.au) just a bucket of water and no chemicals...so easy and so quick...works on the same principal as the towel trick being that the water softens them for easy removal but a lot less mucking around and much quicker. SABCO also do a cheaper version in Woolies and Coles...just as good I reckon. They wont scratch your car (I use mine on our tiger mica SS paintwork) they also get the lil pesty things off the number plate. (You can also use the glove to wash your whole car with)

SOME paint marks can be removed by a good cut n polish ....but this all depends how deep they are and how much paint is there.... if it's just light surface then most definately will come off

good luck :thumbsup:

P.S. the wet towel trick is to cover the bumper and number plate with a wet towel and keep wetting the towel until the bugs are soft enough to be washed away....here is another thread about the same problem http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=18031&highlight=bug+stains

Z

ZER0

great thread... awsome info!

could you suggest anything to look for when you hire a proffesional detailer. mines due for a full on clean up, there's about 150 different detailing mobs in the phone book i wouldnt know where to start?

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
now thats a hard one zero....word of mouth is the best info of all...that failing I would recommend one that has been established for a long time, a clean workshop area, lots of cars waiting to be cleaned (busy always means good)...

Z

ZER0

thanks Lish, i was looking more towards a mobile detailer, is it better to take it to a work shop?