Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Detailing Tips & Tricks....

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
oh ok - wellll it depends on how much of a detail you want to have done....those mobile detailers are good for just a general spruce up which personally I think they do no better than what you can do yourself in an afternoon....(with the right tips on how to lol) they are limited to what they can do from the back of a van...
If you are after a thorough detail with carpets and seats cleaned, then I suggest taking it to a workshop detailer...
What exactly is it you were wanting done ???
air vents dusted? seats cleaned? roof lining cleaned ??

Z

ZER0

yeah the works... its a daily driver but i just want to give it a good once over. i see what your saying, taking into a work shop sounds like i good idea. what should i expect to pay for complete clean?

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
oh shivers...haven't had much to do with that for a few years now....at a guess (going by workload and hours involved) I would say expect to pay $150-$250 again depending on how much you get them to do for you... let me know when you get quotes though...keen to know how close I was LOL

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
itchy pits said:
hey m8...
is there something that can be rubbed into the passanger air bag cover for vr/vs commys do slow down or reduce the corners from coming up ? ?

cheers
itchy

Basically, no. Using 'product' on the cover only progresses the rate of distortion. Best way to slow it down is to only use a damp cloth to wipe dash, and try to use a sunshade as often as possible. Mine hasn't started to lift yet so I'll be doing all in my power to prevent it lol.

Stay away from armorall full stop - on any of the car. I agree with the tyre shine...very handy for the money.

If you have black mirrors that have lost their lustre try some scratch-x or similar product followed with a polish. Brings them up like new.

Wax on head/tail lights shines them up nicely.

A clay bar with spray polish is very handy for getting rough paint as smooth as glass with amazing results, but can scratch the paint a little. However these scratches can be removed using the right products. I know meguiars do a clay bar...not sure about other brands.

I'm a bit of a fanatic so my car only gets polished/buffed/touched with high quality microwipe cloths. Basically I've found that anything else will swirl or scratch the paint.

Wax and grease remover works wonders on the windows (at least with mine that are always covered in bugs) - especially if you still have polish on your hands after detailing the car :p

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
if you have a man in your life, he is one hell of a lucky guy...
I can't even get me missus to wash the car...

I

Insanesinner

What would the best thing be to try and make sun damaged paint look a bit better i have a faded and blotchy bonet that i would like to look a bit better untill i get a respray

Z

ZER0

Lish071 said:
oh shivers...haven't had much to do with that for a few years now....at a guess (going by workload and hours involved) I would say expect to pay $150-$250 again depending on how much you get them to do for you... let me know when you get quotes though...keen to know how close I was LOL
Thanks lish, i will get some quotes and and let you know. but around $250 sounds like a fair price. Cheers mate!

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Hi Lish,

I've got another question for you !

Cleaning my car the other day at the DIY hotwash... I got my natural shammie a bit grubby with grime...where I hadn't cleaned my car properly.

So now what should I clean it with ?

Last edited:

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
hey sixshooter! how you been ??

Chuck it in a laundry or lingerie bag...(your better half might have one that she washes her bras and knickers in) they basically prevent any lint etc sticking to the fabric, then bung it in the washing machine. It may stain a little if you have gotten black tyre rubber or grease on it but it will still perform the same. Or soak it in napisan. DON'T use any washing powder etc that has eucalyptus oil in it as it coats the fabric and prevents it from working or worst still coats your car with the oil.. this goes for any clothes that you may wash to use on your car... :thumbsup:

Del :D

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
Insanesinner said:
What would the best thing be to try and make sun damaged paint look a bit better i have a faded and blotchy bonet that i would like to look a bit better untill i get a respray

basically as stated in earlier posts...a GOOD cut n polish and lots of elbow grease and a few goes before it's a bit better, depending on the degree of damage.