Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Detailing

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

If anyone is looking for a good wheel cleaner, I gave my (chrome) VF redline wheels a clean today with Bowdens Wheely Clean. This stuff is awesome. Spray it on, wait a few minutes, turns purple, hose off. As clean as the day I took delivery.

Also Bowdens Bug & Tar Remover, works a treat. Non need to scrub. It just dissolves the bugs etc easily. As a comparison I found the Maguires B&T remover to absolutely useless.

Cheers

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Does it clean the insides of the rim too? I have to use a rag and clean on the inside by hand and there is not a lot of room especially on the back wheels.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Wheely clean is a great product. Just make sure to not let it dry on the surface, or to clean wheels/brakes while they're hot (that goes for any cleaner)

Does it clean the insides of the rim too? I have to use a rag and clean on the inside by hand and there is not a lot of room especially on the back wheels.

It certainly will clean in the wheel barrels but if it's really bad, it will still require some agitation with a brush - wheel woolies are a fantastic wheel brush (search car care products website for them) - they're a 3 brush set, and are a bit on the pricey side but they are the safest wheel brushes you'll find and will last a lifetime. I use mine every day and they're at least 18 months old, so if you're maintaining just one or two cars, they'll obviously survive significantly longer.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Thanks Tinny. They aren't that dirty as I do them 1 to 2 times a month...

Cheers

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Also Bowdens Bug & Tar Remover, works a treat. Non need to scrub. It just dissolves the bugs etc easily. As a comparison I found the Maguires B&T remover to absolutely useless.

Cheers
Awesome to hear, I've got the Meguiars and its rubbish. But wasn't sure if it was just the case for all B&T cleaners. I've already got some bowdens gear so will pick up some of that soon.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
does the Bowdens stuff have to be purchased from them or can it be sourced from the local auto part stores?

WAGONBEAST57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon V8 A4
The meguiars bug and tar is rubbish because its made in California. The strict VOC laws means the stuff is about as potent as water.

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

If anyone is looking for a good wheel cleaner, I gave my (chrome) VF redline wheels a clean today with Bowdens Wheely Clean. This stuff is awesome. Spray it on, wait a few minutes, turns purple, hose off. As clean as the day I took delivery.

Cheers
Would it be safe for painted wheels?

Are the Redline chrome wheels clear-coated?