Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deuce's 02 Deuce

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
This is my 2002 Harley-Davidson Softail Deuce (efi)

A bit of a write up for afstruct, losh, vs5.0 etc:

After recently selling my '70 series2a swb landrover, this is now the vehicle I have owned the longest.
I purchased the bike easter 2009 at the age of 24 (math wizzis now know my age,lol). It was a near stock, 1 owner, 88" 5spd in concord purple. Nice screamin' eagle mufflers and aircleaner, 39" wide mid-west bars, and thats about it.

Through the year I added more chrome, and then around october, a strip down and full custom paint job.
A one off colour that is black in the shade, but with a bit of sun is either dark green or dark blue depending on the angle you look from. Silver through the middle of the pinstripe section, with 180 airbrushed reapers to match the console insert, and a light blue pinstripe to break the 2 colours.

Tried drag-racing after that, and got hooked.
Since then have added screamin eagle:
- billet cam plate, hi-vol oil pump,
- full comp inner cam bearings, se203 cams
- 1550 forged pistons, 1550 barrels

I got a set of 2012 heads, added ferrea valves and SE beehive springs good for .580 lift, skimmed 30 off the bottom, and with some help from Pete at HPE in Brisbane, mild ported them myself.

Also added bdl compensator which saved a kg and dropped a tooth for a better primary ratio which means 4th gear tops out just after the end of the qtr mile.
And changed exhaust to a supertrapp 2-1 so i can change discs to manipulate the torque & horsepower peaks.

This went from 13.8's progressively down to the current 12.03qtr.

Recently I fitted narrower (31") bars and internal wired everything so it is cleaner.

I'll think of more and add it later. And pictures.
Off to work now (on the bike).

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Pics or Ban!

:)

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Waiting patiently.
Honestly really struggling with pictures and links since PB crash. Tried google, but you have to delete some part of it and I always forget what and where the correct info on how to do it was.
Stay patient, i will get there.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Try Imgur.....works well for me.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Honestly really struggling with pictures and links since PB crash. Tried google, but you have to delete some part of it and I always forget what and where the correct info on how to do it was.
Stay patient, i will get there.
May be empty all your caches and temp files?

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Now that sounds like it's rather special, can't wait to see pictures.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Off to work now (on the bike).

And if like here, starting to get cold in the mornings and evenings . Yesterday morning was getting close to limit of what , for me , I'd call comfortable cold on the bike ,fingers were just starting to really feel when I got to work. ( when they start numbing up half way to work ,not pleasant, I need to get heated grips ) ,at least not getting much fog yet.