Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deuce's new daily - 1970 series2a LWB

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Truck is living outside until I buy a house, which makes things harder as I would like it to stay water tight (or close enough to).
But I have managed to finish fitting and aligning the LH side skirt, changed broken headlamp glass, fitted trim around headlamp, and started on park / signal lights.
Fitted bonnet pin - but I think I need to do some alignment here.
IMG_20201013_063308.jpg

And lastly, a bit of trimming around power steering conversion (needs a fraction more out of the top)
IMG_20201013_063216.jpg

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Nothing much to update you on. But sorted a couple of split pins to stop front door straps going in too far and jamming the door from opening more than a foot gap.
I should have taken pictures. But just a byproduct really of using series3 doors and series2 bulkhead (firewall)
Other than that, the LH front wing has its wiring routed and just needs a plug to match the engine bay loom I did. Also it is 90% bolted up and done:
IMG_20201017_185715.jpg

And the glow plug strap is on. Just need to redo distribution pump (I have a spare), a little bit of plumbing again and I will give it another go at starting.
IMG_20201017_185643.jpg

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Not much to update again. But have bleed up the front brakes and they seem to be working. I think there is a blockage in the flexi hose from chassis to rear axle though, as we have fluid at one side but not the other. Brakes are sufficient for a slow tow 5km across town though.
Also broke 1 screw in the indicator and park light in the fender (wing) fitted to vehicle, so will have tofix and redo that.
Wire wheeled the bottom of the radiator panel to assess the corrosion and plan a repair.
Started on a template for the RH inner fender cut out to clear the power steering conversion.
I want this fender fitted so I can mount the fuel filters and maybe try again to start the truck.

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Once you get it running, please say you’ll tape up the wiring into neat looms. It will make my eye twitch otherwise.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Once you get it running, please say you’ll tape up the wiring into neat looms. It will make my eye twitch otherwise.
Yeap.
But still plenty to do before that point or I will be jumping the gun and potentially need to go back and change it.
Although you did say after it is running. So I suppose the answer is a simple Yes.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
It's yours so fxxk everyone else = enjoy = but also understand that!!
Last 2 weeks and next 2 working for a mate = had a land rover as a daily for some time when we were at Qantas.
He now lives just north Dungog ( on 106 acres)).
He now has an ex military ex army missile launcher vechice = ( land rover)= very rare !!!! he hunted for ages
Also ( as I'm fxxked ) can't remmeber lj or lc replica GTR Torana.
I'll hit him up = hopefully photos next week

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Test fit looks okay. I could have left a little material at the lower front although that will not matter. And the front knotch needs a little further clearance.
Note: I removed the radiator panel earlier this week when I wire wheeled it and took a fraction more from power steering knotch.
IMG_20201031_172435.jpg

IMG_20201031_193516.jpg

A 250x400x1.5mm rubber strip will cover the inner fender hole and help the engine bay stay dry from driving through big puddles.