It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community
Discussion in 'Projects' started by Deuce, Jun 28, 2019.
It was a precarious side entry. But quite easy compared to a normal engine/trans swap:
Stop mucking around with this and jump on this one....all the hard work is done.
Had a 2A as a first car. Was a good old bus but was slow as a wet week and leaked when it rained. Never could wear a white shirt as the steering wheel used to leave marks on it when it was humid.
Very nice. But finances dictate I must muck around with this one until it is of similar quality
Update, after making a 20mm thick block for the L/H trans mount and buying some new bolts. The engine and trans are hopefully where they should stay.
Next issue is getting the handbrake hooked up and re-making a link rod for it about 2" longer.
Clearanced R/H trans mount so handbrake has a good movement. Found longer linkrod in box of bits. Now handbrake works.
Firewall got a few wee patches done by a mate (he will drop it off later).
Started with rear lighting wiring - still a bit to go.
Fitted diesel label by the fuel filler. That's one tiny bit of the puzzle all finished.
Also got the rear tub spectrometered, and it's a volvo blue as the closest match.
P.s are the earlier photos not showing up for others? Or just me?
The first pic on pg 1 is still visible to me but they have all vanished from pg 2 aside from your last post.
Same for me too.
Where did you host those pictures?
Edited and reloaded pics. (Good comparison from front on for now and future updates)
It's just the upload a file button. So hosted by J.C
Might be one for Darren to look into.
Update: more firewall returned to metal and rust treated. Still need to rub it down, patch prime, and prepare for painting.
In other news, I restored the rear badge to a better condition ( spray paint and sandpaper)
I had a few old badges from landy's but god knows where they went.
Patch primed alot of hidden areas as required. But fully primered the sides and front that will be highly visible.
Some previous paint was quite cheesey to sand, so not a good sign for top coating. The primer should seal that away though.
Slow progress, but progress non the less.
Rubbed down all outward visible primered areas. Patched up 2 more tiny holes. Need to buzz over all other areas for painting, and deconstruct a bit more.
Slow progress as we took a family holiday to aussie for a week, but back into it. The holiday gave the primer a week to harden.
Finished rubbing down the firewall. Then spot primed a few rub throughs with 1k primer can (in the correct tone too). So now I just need to mask up which can wait.
Next on the list is getting other stuff ready to paint with it (doors, hinges, panels etc) and booking a day at the booth.
Good going. We gave my old landy an external respray in the neighbours shed in 2 pack. Done the doors in and out and the hardtop came off for a repair. Left the small dents and stuff in the guards and tub for a bit of authenticity. haha.
Separate names with a comma.