Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deuce's new daily - 1970 series2a LWB

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Advice for young players:
Don't bolt your hot wire between the floor and chassis.

On a positive note though, I've made a quick bracket to hold fuel filters about where they will go - so the engine can run and/or drive with the RH fender (wing) removed.

I see what you did there...

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Once you get it running, please say you’ll tape up the wiring into neat looms. It will make my eye twitch otherwise.
Sorted a little bit of wiring tidying today.
IMG_20210522_165616.jpg

You will see the rubber lined P-clip holding wiring and the speedo cable out of the way of the rocker cover (or cam cover if it is OHV, honestly haven't looked into it)
And then got the booster vac hose sitting back nicely with it too.

In other news, took my spare fuel tank to a pro to seal the base and put this leaking fuel problem to bed once and for all (since 2-3 weeks of my attempts still failed.) I pick it up early next week which will be good.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Put the fuel tank in earlier this week. Seems after so many tank swaps, I am actually able to do the whole job by myself and under an hour.
IMG_20210529_091048.jpg

You will note the rear tyres are off the ground.
This weekend I plan to start the engine and see if the transmission actually works through the gears etc.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Not so sure about your elevation system.
Axle stands on axle to hold the wheels up. Jack and wood are to lift the tank into place so it can be fitted without help.

Fired it up today and got some heat into the block. Then removed this old water fitting (for heater) and got the decent 2nd hand one ready to fit:
IMG_20210529_172932.jpg

And while it was heating, the charge light went out and the ammeter was showing 30amp. Tried some gears and the wheels spin backwards and forwards. The brake pedal halted the wheels.
Then had an under car inspection. I could not find any exhaust leaks. But the oil return from alternator to sump needs a better clamp as that was leaking oil. And trans oil needs toping up.
All in all pretty good.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Only a small issue, which is unusual...Glad things went well....:)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Forgot to mention that the fuel gauge showed full. So I will have to double check my wiring there too.

If the wires are backwards that will send the gauge to full.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I am yet to bleed the air out and check for leaks, but hoses are on and initial fluid set ready to go.
IMG_20210604_144250.jpg

Yes double clamp on the high pressure hose instead of crimp, but to be honest I don't think these pumps are that high pressure.
High pressure hose is crimp fitting at pump end.