Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deuce's new daily - 1970 series2a LWB

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Hi all, so now that I have a young family and am no longer car pooling with my wife everyday, I decided I need something with 4doors that can live outside, get dirty and be used as transport most days for work. Now I'm not really a fan of 'boring' transport, and had sold my 1970 Short wheelbase series2a 18months ago (and missed it) so went and purchased an unfinished project sight unseen.
So without further adue, here is my 1970 series2a long wheelbase (109") LandRover:
20190622_110640-1.jpg

So heres the guts on it:
Chassis has been given the once over. The rear tub is paneled and painted, rear seats/axles/springs/fuel tank fitted, and thats about it.
Needs brakes, shocks, bonnet, maybe tyres purchasing. One small rust repair, painting and obviously reassembling to finish.
Comes with a defender front bumper, range rover electric seats (heated?) and power steering conversion.
Runs and is certed for a nissan LD28 diesel with auto, mated to the stock transfer case.
I will try to keep this updated. Hoping to have it all legal and on the road in 6 to 9 months. Wish me luck.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Good luck.
What happened to the bike as daily? = soft ha ha ha
Says I who's now use to 4 wheeled airconed , heated/ cooled seats/ stereo, 38+ mpg daily comfort

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Good luck.
What happened to the bike as daily? = soft ha ha ha
Says I who's now use to 4 wheeled airconed , heated/ cooled seats/ stereo, 38+ mpg daily comfort
Exactly. Haha. Rode it most days for the last 15 months. But getting wet and cold gets boring eventually. Awesome for skipping traffic que though.
Clutch cable almost broke last night, so will try to get a new one today. Then I can use the bike next week.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Hi all, so now that I have a young family and am no longer car pooling with my wife everyday, I decided I need something with 4doors that can live outside, get dirty and be used as transport most days for work. Now I'm not really a fan of 'boring' transport, and had sold my 1970 Short wheelbase series2a 18months ago (and missed it) so went and purchased an unfinished project sight unseen.
So without further adue, here is my 1970 series2a long wheelbase (109") LandRover:
View attachment 205765
So heres the guts on it:
Chassis has been given the once over. The rear tub is paneled and painted, rear seats/axles/springs/fuel tank fitted, and thats about it.
Needs brakes, shocks, bonnet, maybe tyres purchasing. One small rust repair, painting and obviously reassembling to finish.
Comes with a defender front bumper, range rover electric seats (heated?) and power steering conversion.
Runs and is certed for a nissan LD28 diesel with auto, mated to the stock transfer case.
I will try to keep this updated. Hoping to have it all legal and on the road in 6 to 9 months. Wish me luck.

love the old Landy's , used to use the later models in the South African police, indestructible , good luck and keep up the updates

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Next door neighbour had these he had 3 of them all series 2a one was the 4 cylinder then the slant six and one with a 186 i learnt how to spin spanners on these old girls and that’s how I learnt bush mechanics lol

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Exactly. Haha. Rode it most days for the last 15 months. But getting wet and cold gets boring eventually. Awesome for skipping traffic que though.
Clutch cable almost broke last night, so will try to get a new one today. Then I can use the bike next week.

So true, even as a young bloke ( at one point only had a bike) and soon got over the rain/hail/cold/ or shine you're in it.
Do miss the traffic convenience.

Lucky, clutch cable broke on the buell half way home from work one arvo.
Ended up getting a bike transport guy ( it was only a couple of weeks off a service ( already booked in)) so dropped down to the mechanics , he even dropped me home after , ( it was pretty much on his way home ( small detour)).