Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Deuce's new daily - 1970 series2a LWB

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Lol I do that all the time..... Not so much the beer but always have to have a stare at whatever I have worked on, even if it's just mowing the lawn....

I have to do that so at least one person appreciates the work I've done ha ha ha ha.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have to do that so at least one person appreciates the work I've done ha ha ha ha.
I think it must be a common thing because I've seen other blokes doing it too.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hahaha then you get those blokes who post on JCs every time a job on a ute gets done.....
Daughter said to me a couple of years ago that I'm the sort of bloke that has to have a project on the go, and yeah she is right.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Hahaha then you get those blokes who post on JCs every time a job on a ute gets done.....
Daughter said to me a couple of years ago that I'm the sort of bloke that has to have a project on the go, and yeah she is right.

X2

Keeps you not only focused but occupied.
And yes always fussier than the people looking at and going that's great= ( but you can see where you can do better ,can see the imperfections because you've put your effect / time in , and always going I can get it better !!!!! ).

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Hey!

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
This one time, I didn't have any projects on the go - I found it hard to fall asleep at night.
Never again I said!

In other news. I am trying to finish aligning the rear cab side panels to the tub. And then the roof to the side panels.
It's not going together like lego blocks unfortunately.
After that is the tail door and then side doors.
Slow and frustrating. But slowly progressing.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I can relate to the taking time thing. Every time I start something, someone will want my attention, or I have to attend to the kids arguing or misbehaving kids medical crap.

Pick up ratchet, put down ratchet. Pick up screw driver, put screw driver down.
What’s that Army saying? Rain coats on. Rain coats off?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Got the last of the hardware I need for the roof today.
So of course fitted all the bolts to hold the roof on, and know alignment is acceptable. Then tightened down all the ones (10 of) along the front holding the roof to the windscreen (just leaving top of B pillars and rear cab sides).
I will do the rest on a fine day and put sealant at the top of the B pillars and a few other areas. Need to do a small area of gutter on the house while I have it out also.
Full body shot for progress:
IMG_20210121_213919.jpg

You will also notice it has a new AA sticker in top left of windscreen.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I got the roof all bolted down (about 36 bolts) and sealed. Also sealed my suspect area on the house guttering.
Then proceeded to adjust and open/shut each door repeatedly until I was happy with it's height/angle/depth. I am happy with 4 of the doors. But drivers door is going to take some head scratching before getting any better - a project for another day.

And unrelated, but for 3 weeks between other jobs I've been looking at the lawnmower trying to work out why it has been revving high since I mowed under a low tree (and obviously hit something hanging down). A new airfilter gasket and screw to fix a split and a bend.
And then getting my head around the double spring setup which can be the cause my issue. Until today I realised right under my nose the most obvious: a bent arm which holds the spring
IMG_20210125_220021.jpg

IMG_20210125_220121.jpg

Lets hope I didn't much anything up by playing around with the springs earlier.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I got the roof all bolted down (about 36 bolts) and sealed. Also sealed my suspect area on the house guttering.
Then proceeded to adjust and open/shut each door repeatedly until I was happy with it's height/angle/depth. I am happy with 4 of the doors. But drivers door is going to take some head scratching before getting any better - a project for another day.

And unrelated, but for 3 weeks between other jobs I've been looking at the lawnmower trying to work out why it has been revving high since I mowed under a low tree (and obviously hit something hanging down). A new airfilter gasket and screw to fix a split and a bend.
And then getting my head around the double spring setup which can be the cause my issue. Until today I realised right under my nose the most obvious: a bent arm which holds the spring
View attachment 218636
View attachment 218637
Lets hope I didn't much anything up by playing around with the springs earlier.

I did the same thing with my mower...Bent the arm that holds the return spring.....However I was lucky enough to spot mine straight away so it was a quick fix, rather than a head scratch :)