Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Devil yellow Thunder ute

ZyDaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
3.9 diff gears going in tomorrow :):)
new headunit and sub and amp all installed.

The Headunit got for only $300 plays dvds music bluetooth lots of stuff. very happy with it.
9z6o.jpg

Cars been sitting here for 1 month lost my licence. had court got done for doing a skid was gonna be 3 months loss of licence but i talked the judge down to 1 month and a $700 fine....
Quick snap of the beast.
t1an.jpg

zmj2.jpg

any suggestions to make better? anyone suggest whitewalls? what color?

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
I've got that exact same headunit in my ute, have you got any pics of your amp setup?
I vote no walls, looks cleaner and less P Plater spec.
Save up and get some SS projectors would set this off nicely.

ZyDaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Sooo i dunno hwo many people really read my **** but heres an update haha.

3.9s Diff now in. goes so good :D. Buttt revs so harder and faster musnt of been good enough for my 190xxx alloytec stretched the timing chain and snapped a tensioner

h5k8.jpg

So. i did alot of looking aroudn and quoting and stuff. and decided to get an engine rebuild. as it was only 2k ontop of my timing chain job.
Picking it up friday.
-New Timing chain
-Rebuilt top end bottem end. recondition cylinder heads

also that friday going up to MACE engineering. picking up a CPR6 manifold. installing that night.
Then ill have my run in period for my rebuilt engine. then im going to do a few videos for you guys to show you how it goes performance wise.

Also heres some pictures. new wheels again O.O :S

y649.jpg

cx4d.jpg

8z4f.jpg

Also got a defect same night i did my timing chain. sooo stock springs back in hence why it sits higher on the tow truck :S haha

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
What did you do with your thunders?

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
Wouldn't it be cheaper to source another engine and pop that in save some coin to drop an 8 in later on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ZyDaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
not really considering second hand alloytecs are 2k plus for one in good nick and then you still dont know how much they are. a crate motor VZ alloytec is 4k then plus $800 for fitment yea i could do it myself. but still 4k and considering my rebuild costed me 4k i think im happy with that. and i got 3 more years on my Ps. sooo plenty of time to save up for a V8/ do a v8 conversion... if i was only on Ps for liek 1 more year then yea i woulda done this differently. but i got plenty of time. and have the money to do it. so why not.???

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Traded them for these. no like? :(
Nah these aren't bad, but I liked the thunders better. I've always liked the thunders, I'm glad you don't still have them or I'd be trying to buy them off you ;)

ZyDaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
nothing wrong with that i would of happily sold them to you for a awesome price aswell. as i got em with mint tread for only $600 of a mate.. so $600 SSvs for $1200 G8s im happy :D

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
haha nice job. I've already got a full spare set of wheels sitting in the garage as is. But if you do see a set of thunders with tyres for $500 or less give us a yell.