Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Devil yellow vt ls1

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Hahaha.
Well if you build a stroker yourself its a 355ci isn't it?

But yeah Harrop cranks only go to 350ci with a standard bore if I remember correctly?

vt madness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXEC S2
Alrighty
Thanks for the responses so far really appreciate it, haha first the aerial lol, its there and will be gone i assure you, as i ran out of cash to get the hole filled where the stock aerial goes and at the time i didnt have the cash to get a VX power aerial. and the second the fuel lid, the car came with that when i got it back in 07 and i just forgot about it, its really tacky and its the first time i have thought of it in aggges, as just got used to it being there and forgot but yeahh that has to go, no more cheapy parts all the good stuff all the way.
Now to the AWSOME bit, I purchased a VX SS BT1 for 1 grand, with the complete black inteior, so yay out with grey panels and in with black. Also i have a question for yaz??? Would it be easier to use the vx doors complete providing they are straight (havnt gone over it with a fine tooth comb yet) and spray them yellow or remove the power windows and just get new rivets or bolts for them and install them in my existing doors, as my vt already has the loom ready for the regs and switches??.
Good thing in some ways bad in another, its a complete car minus the LS1 tranny and tailshaft. but the loom is chilling there ready for a new life and probs a few other small peices. But i was wondering can i use my existing brake set up in my vt for the ls1, like is the booster the same and i was just going to get some slotted rotors and new pads to give it alil breakage. But for 1 G a complete car bit dirty but complete cannot complain and the good thing is i wont have to use the thrashed and abused ls1 that the coppers had in it i can start from scratch and have it built how i like!!
Appreciate all imput as its abit daunting still haha, but keep the advice coming.
Will have more pics of my vt inside and of the VX up tommorow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Swap all the brakes and suspension. Also use the diff if its there.

As for the doors. If its anything like the VR VS stuff, swap the doors. LOL.
Will be a prick of a job to wire up though.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Hahaha.
Well if you build a stroker yourself its a 355ci isn't it?

But yeah Harrop cranks only go to 350ci with a standard bore if I remember correctly?

Yeh, that's correct it's the 30 thou over bore that makes a 355 cuber. The factory strokers are standard bore (obviously) which makes them 350, not 355 as they're commonly known as. If any aftermarket Holden stroker crank was to be coupled with a standard bore they would all make 350 cubes.

3.48" stroke x 4" bore = 350 (same as a Chev)
3.48" stroke x 4.030 " bore = 355.

By the way, i wasn't talking about people referring to there own stroker builds as 355's i was talking about people referring to factory strokers as 355's which is incorrect.

vt madness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXEC S2
Yep was going to do that too with the suspension, as its pretty new, with the brakes il change the rotors and stuff but the booster and the master cylinder are they the same on 6 and 8. Yeah doors are always a bitch haha i helped a mate change his a while back but was same color so he had no Delmer! yeah going off what u said, could be easier just to use the entire cabin loom aswell so its bound match the doors.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well you'll have the thing in a trillion pieces anyway. It wont be any more effort to use the whole lot.

BlownV6 - Yeah, Its one of those things where people dribble **** often enough for it to catch on.
LS1 is as far from a 350 as a 355 is...

vt madness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXEC S2
IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

vt madness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXEC S2
Alrighty, there are some pics of the ss. Big question??? I have gone over the wireing loom in the ss and my VT and aside from the doors and thermo fans, the loom seems exactly the same as each other for the body and engine bay?? is there any real need to remove and swap just casue its a bitch to remove everything haha, but all good if you have too. Also because im going to go the full way and convert to manual, is the existing loom still ok to use!! But appart from that the diff is coming out and going into the VT and the entire front end set up is coming too, to much effort to just take the K drame might aswell keep it together and then replace and clean anything later!!!

ALSO ANYONE WANT TO BUY THE SHELL!!!!!! I HAVE A YELLOW LEATHER EXECUTIVE INTERIOR GREY PLASTICS ECOTEC ENGINE MOUNTS AUTO BOX (FULL V6 SET UP, SO ANYTHING WITHIN THAT) MOST THINGS THAT I ONLY NEED ONE OF SO IF YOU NEED ANYTHING THAT IM NOT USING FOR THE CONVERSION GIVE SEND AN EMAIL TO [email protected] OR JUST POST IT HERE!!!! THANKS (ALSO WILL KEEP UPDATING AND DO STYEP BY STEP BEST I CAN WITH PICS)

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

vt madness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXEC S2
Here il make it easy straight from the dictionary:

project

noun
Pronunciation:/ˈprɒdʒɛkt/
1 an individual or collaborative enterprise that is carefully planned to achieve a particular aim:
a research project
a project to build a new power station
a piece of research work undertaken by a school or college student:
a history project
A PROPOSED OR PLANNED UNDERTAKING

Bro not being a smart arse but proving a point im just a kid looking for some advise in building my car aye, it fits what a project is , as stated in capitals am i wrong? So theres ur answer of why it is on her.