Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Devil yellow vt ls1

vt madness

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXEC S2
Hey, new to this forum but thought i would get some opinion on my half completed project... I have a Vt Executive, its had a respray in devil yellow, Gto kit, Monster stereo, Custom yellow interior, Lenso speed six rims, Lowered, Tail and headlights, Vx ss yellow dash, ported, rings and pistons done and shift kit and all the other small things that ya do when ur young to better your commy. but now im turing 20 and wanna chuck a Ls1 in it..... The main question i was wondering was i am going to get a damaged vt-vx v8 ( any model) or damaged HSV and then do a direct swap, is there any body differences like extra holes anywhere in the chassis that i have to look out for when doing the swap, obviously il have to swap everything down to the bare metal but any tips..... Also its the biggest asked question....Why Bother????? But to answer it.. The cars family for life haha... Would appreciate the advice thanks
Nick.

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 923
  • IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,873
  • IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 2,465

Woggster

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
That looks really nice, the Devil yellow suits the GTO front bar so well, although i'm not sure about that rear bar, it's abit too "bulky" for me. Good old Laperouse i see ;)
Also, i'd remove that antena on your rear window, it'll make a difference to the look of the car.

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
Looks good man, always loved those Lensos....

I have never done that conversion but im fairly sure that everything would be a direct swap

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Looks good i like it worthy of a V8. The fuel cap is probably the only thing i dont like.

Anyway depending whether you got the cash up front or not i suggest you buy a whole wreck the best model you can get i.e. hsv calais or one that has already got mods you can use (exhaust and the like) Look at what you can sell that your not going to keep and how much you can make back.

Another good thing is you can hear it ruuning know that its all works and you have everything you need to convert to a v8

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
If its a series one, might be an idea to look into a HSV 350ci?

Just as good as an LS1 IMO. If not better.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
i agree with it looking real nice, although the fuel cap sticker has to be burnt to ashes and then pissed on.
i do like the rims though, don't see them very often.

Last edited:

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Yeh, i realised after i posted that you were talking about the factory strokers. Had me confused for a minute, just so used to every Tom, Dick & Harry referring to them as 355's......Pretty much the same as boneheads referring to LS1's as 350's i guess :p