Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dfi module wiring??

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
hello everyone,just wondering if anyone would have any wiring diagrams of the wiring connector that goes to the dfi module? im really looking for the earth and positive,also need to know what colours are what?
any help would be greatly apprecited, still trying to work out my missing problems, seems it could be an earth as its the earth side of the coil pack which is missing, wil work it out soon
cheers, nick

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
This is dfi and crank angle connectors.... it is for a vp

Attachments

• DFI CONNECTOR.JPG
    DFI CONNECTOR.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 12,768
  • CRANK SENSOR.JPG
    CRANK SENSOR.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 7,459
Last edited:

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
cool, thanks can anyone help me here, im looking for the earth wire from the module

BrianH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP EXECUTIVE
I don't think there is an earth wire that you can see. I have the wiring diagram in front of me at the moment in a genuine GM manual and none of the ten wires connected to the DFI module go directly to earth outside the module but two of them are connected to an internal earth which I assume is via the body of the module to the engine.

The two wires are the red/black from the ECM and the grey/red from the crank angle sensor. Both of these are shown entering the DFI module then joining together at an earth point.

The red/black wire is marked as the Crankshaft Reference Earth, terminal B3, on the drawing of the ECM.

Brian

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks brian, i will keep checking, think i may have a broken wire somewhere, but thanks again, now that i know there isnt an earth wire i can start elsewhere and work my way through,

cheers, nick