Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Dfi problem

Slothvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT series II
So I have a VT series II and it's been running perfect since the day I got it up untill the other day, went outside to start it and nothing it cranked over but wouldn't start so I checked for issues and found the injectors didn't have a pulse so I replaced the dfi module and it started straight away, I let it run for a while and then I turned it off went back to it a day latter and same thing again.

It keep killing dfi modules. If anyone has had this problem and knows how to fix it that would be amazing

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Surely it hasn't killed a good DFI after only 1 start. Where did the new DFI come from?
The only thing I've heard that kills DFIs is if the wide plug on the side is faulty. Check it for loose or rusty terminals that don't clamp tightly on the DFI pins. And check for spark and fault codes.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You've miss diagnosed, just because the injectors don't have pulse you don't just go and do a DFI module.
It could be BCM related or just a bad earth somewhere.

How old is the battery? A high resistance earth can cause voltage drop which will get worse with a failing battery.