Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Diagnostics

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
If it's not pumping out blue smoke or huffing like an asthmatic I'd expect a 304 to still have some life left in it...albeit a tired life where it probably leaks a lot of oil lol

It's probably got other issues going on that have not been found or fixed.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Yeah these ones ...BP6EFS it could be possible it's running Rich coz of the extra fuel in oil?
You have the right plugs and gap. If you're not burning oil you're plugs are fouling because of the extra fuel in the inlet air. In days past I've used a hotter plug to prevent fouling-the extra heat burns off the carbon-like a BP5EFS. It's sort of a desperate measure but it might get you running.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Shite I think my vp has 5's in it now...plugs looked on lean side last time I changed one with cracked porcelain but was way better than the sooted mess it had previously on supplied junk memcal it came with for baby cam/lpg setup from wreckers.

Mork5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0
Nah was bellowing black smoke ...but after I changed everything got it to Minimal very little till the plugs fouled more and more ...it's just missing hey so close ☹️

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Black smoke is fuel so it's running rich...electrical or fuel related.Probably electrical related.

Either way you'll want to fix all issues now then that way you'll get more life out of the motor in there because if reco with all current issues you'll have spent thousands for nothing.

91SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VNSS 1991
I had this for years with a flickering engine light no codes.

Was the ECU. Maybe not for you but consider connections and if you change ECU go remanufactured

Mork5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0
Yeah got a remanufactured ecu ...so I think I found the problem ..does anyone know if I can get pics up with my phone? Don't have a PC and it's saying they are to big ...I think I found the problem was with the aftermarket alarm so I took it all out and yeah got a couple of stray wires but they are factory so should be pretty easy for one of you guys