Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

diagram for cruise control

G

grum1971

can someone help me with a diagram or pictures of a vn series 2 cruise control fitted please:bang: :bow:

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Do you mean a wiring diagram?? Theyre fairly simple. You have to get the brake (and clutch switchs if its a manual) and the buttons up on the top right of the instrument cluster. These are wired to the control module which is mounted on the inside of the passenger side front guard. A cable then goes from the control module to the Throttle Body. I attached a wiring diagram for you.

Attachments

• 64010487.jpg
    64010487.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 11,615
G

grum1971

thanx for that i allready have the plugs behind the instrument panel but cant find where they are going because it is a series 2 berlina the plugs are allready there.Do you have any ideas?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
They will already be running to the plug under the bonnet for the stepper motor like in the diagram which you will find taped back to the loom near the airbox if you have the wiring already installed under the dash.

G

grum1971

cruise control for vn series 2 berlina

i cant find the wiring under the bonnet but the wiring for the brakes and the switch are both there anyone got any sugges?:bang: :ranting:

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
grum1971 said:
i cant find the wiring under the bonnet but the wiring for the brakes and the switch are both there anyone got any sugges?:bang: :ranting:

The wiring on mine, following back from the module, goes under the airbox, and over across the top of the radiator, then up the drivers side of the car and into a gromot hole, although I think my cruise control was fitted after the factory buts its definately genuine holden cruise control.
Hope that help you.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
so.. do all series 2 vn's have the wiring or not..

LordMayhem

Here For A Good Time!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
hi i am doing this conversion and following your diagram. can you tell me if i can wire this up through my original brake light switch as i was not supplied any specific to the cruise when i bought it? Thanks Jamie

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
hi i am doing this conversion and following your diagram. can you tell me if i can wire this up through my original brake light switch as i was not supplied any specific to the cruise when i bought it? Thanks Jamie

No pretty sure you have to use a separate switch, another brake light switch should work.