Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

diagram for the traction control button wiring loom

gregando

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
Has anyone got a diagram for the traction control button wiring loom handy for a vx that they can post on here please, I'm having some wierd problems , it all started when i tried to charge my phone and noticed the cig lighter wasnt working and when i started the engine my traction controll is permanently off wont turn on and I have no tacho either for some reason ,it all went to **** when the cig lighter shat itself . What i cant understand is when i check the falt codes the diagnostics is telling me cam sensor even with a new sensor fitted. when i went to replace the cig lighter i found 4 wirers in the same loom on the passenger side with bared ends that aren't connected to anything they are yellow, yellow with black stripe, orange with black stripe and black with green stripe anyone got any ideas or know if any of these wires should be conected to eachother it's got me ####ed a wiring diagram would help heaps

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Those wires on the side are for a handsfree car kit. IF the plug is no longer attached to them, your car has had a kit fitted at some point. They don't plug into anything in the car, they would've plugged into an aftermarket unit that you no longer have. Make sure they are insulated and leave them be. They did not cause your problem.
Tractioncontrol_zpsc7d85db4.jpg

gregando

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
what about the cig lighter it was when it died that i noticed the traction controll and tacho stopped and they where working the last time i drove the car, ive checked fuses changed the cam sensor to no avail where sould i start to find the problem

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
The socket itself wouldn't cause an issue like either.

Tacho issue will arise from the Camahaft Position Sensor

Traction Control also I believe.

You will need to test your Camshaft position sensor wiring to see if it's the sensor or your wiring at fault.

The plug has three wires. Brown, Violet/Black and Grey/Red. Unfortunately, I don't remember which is which. But with the engine off and ignition on, one will read as a ground (brown I think) One will read 5+Volts. and the other will read nothing and be open circuit ground. With the engine running, that last wire will show a 5+Volt pulse.

gregando

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
thanks Tasmaniak i'm going out to see how i go but its wierd how all 3 went at the same time mmmm gremlins

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
So I just wasted my time replying to your other identical thread. One will do.