Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dicky O key

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Try popping the button off with a small spike/ even a butter knife, check if there is any thing under there?

And does anyone know how I could save my laptop?? I spilt a glass of water on it today, now keyboard is no longer working, a few letters do but most dont... Im forced to use a big ass keyboard plugged in through the usb port!!

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Try setting the "framework" under the key to the same height and make sure nothing is stopping it from going down like the other keys. Also do a dry test with just the keys off. Should work the same with your finger. I know i had one laptop in store which had a spacebar, it was installed backwards and not properly a few times and i would always have to fix it!

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
done that.. it doesn't sit down properly with the others, and tested it with the key off and same sort of reluctance to click unless you press it in a particular spot.. it just doesn't want to play the game.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Not sure about the toshibas, but maybe check the guide rails? I'm fairly sure there would be two plastic things with the toshibas that kind of interlock that raise the key back to the top. Just check them throughly. Otherwise you might be looking at replacing the whole key pad if you can't get that to work. And that's usually not cheap, especially if you have to get a toshiba tech out!

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Usually not much DOES go wrong with them. But occasionally when you take them off or play with them they do stuff up a bit.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
sam u need to stop pressing the ooooooOOooOoooOooOoooooo!!!!!!!! line when you talk to me, its kinda freaky