Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

did GMH eva build a 202 with a alloyhead??

V

vnformula

hi, i have 1 of thoes anoying brother inlaws that thinks thay know it all.....he has told me that gmh made a202 in vk with a alloyhead ...ive never herd of 1 b4 and i thort the only st8 6 with alloy head was the vl and its not a holden moter anyways lol can any1 tell me if he is rite so i can eat my hat !! thx :ranting:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hi...

They might have made a few to test but none were sold to the public. VK's all had electronic ignition and the Calais sported fuel injection and extractors (EFI was an option on the Berlina from memory). All had the cast iron head.

Cheers,
Reaper
(feeling very old because I remember them new :(

vnformula said:
hi, i have 1 of thoes anoying brother inlaws that thinks thay know it all.....he has told me that gmh made a202 in vk with a alloyhead ...ive never herd of 1 b4 and i thort the only st8 6 with alloy head was the vl and its not a holden moter anyways lol can any1 tell me if he is rite so i can eat my hat !! thx :ranting:

V

vnformula

thx mate yer ive been looking ..googled it and yer thay have made some yellaterra ones but nothing factory hay i even found a site that has put ford alloy xflow heads on holden 6s lmao thay go on backwords with a lot of work and get 300+hp out of a 6 :drink:

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
there is a guy in townsville who builds twin cam heads for the old stright 6's from scratch....he has put them on holdens and fords.....krogdahl heads i think they are called.....apparently he pulled 385hp out of a worked 202 with the twin cam head.....just some trivia i guess..... :whistling

perkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VH ADP
Ford had an alloy head made by Honda for its 6. Maybe the Holden engine skunk works did something out the back of the factory but this is one of the reasons we had the Nissan motor in the VL - the old 202 was just too old to do anything like that with it. Mabe your bother-in-law should read Barry Lake's book "Commodore, Lion King" then he can even tell Barry where he's wrong :yeah:

M

MACCA78

I have seen an alloy head 4 the 202 in a factory in Dandenong VIC, created in a limited number by perry performance parts, very limited edition only about ten made as a special order.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
perkins said:
Ford had an alloy head made by Honda for its 6. Maybe the Holden engine skunk works did something out the back of the factory but this is one of the reasons we had the Nissan motor in the VL - the old 202 was just too old to do anything like that with it. Mabe your bother-in-law should read Barry Lake's book "Commodore, Lion King" then he can even tell Barry where he's wrong :yeah:

Ummm Bill Tucky did that book and in that book it actually has a small write up that yes the 202 was tried with a ford alloy X flow head :)