Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Did the HQ-WB ever make it to left hand drive?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maloo
Hi all

Just a quick query.... I am living in a LHD country and looking to do a project car by buying it from home and bringing it over.

My first idea is a Commodore ute or WB ...... I know I can convert the Commodore but wondering if any HQ or WB style vehicles were ever exported so I can track down parts for a conversion?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Cheers

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Hi all

Just a quick query.... I am living in a LHD country and looking to do a project car by buying it from home and bringing it over.

My first idea is a Commodore ute or WB ...... I know I can convert the Commodore but wondering if any HQ or WB style vehicles were ever exported so I can track down parts for a conversion?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Cheers
The first Holden that was made for LHD and RHD was the VE Commodore so there wouldn‘t be any factory LHD parts for older model Holdens. You might get away with VB-VK Commodores as these were based on a LHD Opel Rekord from Europe (Germany). I can’t confirm if any of the parts are interchangeable though.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The first Holden that was made for LHD and RHD was the VE Commodore so there wouldn‘t be any factory LHD parts for older model Holdens. You might get away with VB-VK Commodores as these were based on a LHD Opel Rekord from Europe (Germany). I can’t confirm if any of the parts are interchangeable though.

HQ were exported O/S...I just can't remember if they were LHD or not...Memory isn't that good

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
HQ were exported O/S...I just can't remember if they were LHD or not...Memory isn't that good
The HQ was exported to Japan (RHD) as a Mazda Roadpacer with a rotary engine in it. I don’t know of any other markets it was exported to but they would have been RHD too if there were any.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The HQ was exported to Japan (RHD) as a Mazda Roadpacer with a rotary engine in it. I don’t know of any other markets it was exported to but they would have been RHD too if there were any.

Pretty sure they were exported to the Phillipines plus other countries...Unfortunately the memory fails me all the countries

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

hate to dissappoint you but 50 years or so before VE, GMH were exporting LHD FB Holdens around the world

Attachments

• 64468494_2403918249885174_5717191865770442752_n.jpg
    64468494_2403918249885174_5717191865770442752_n.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 169

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The previous generation commodore was also LHD - VT-VZ

H

harrop.senator

My 74 trans am was imported new by shacks Holden in Perth and sold RHD. I've been able to get the majority of the replacement steering parts through Holden supply when the Pontiac kits wouldnt fit certain parts. have used h series stuff. I've never needed another arm or column , they may have been custom.